cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 out of 8

tag
jg27

6 out of 8

So my score shot up to a 760 average from all three early last week. I tried to call my high rate cards for a rate decrease and asked about BT promos, but was denied. I remember reading about app sprees, but didn't think about it until after I applied for two cards on Thursday.  I applied for a  Chase Slate and a Cit Simplicity and was instantly approved. Saturday morning I decided to try my luck with Barclay Rewards, AMX BCE, Discover IT, Chase Freedom, Cit Dividends, and a Capital One Rewards. All were approved except the Cit Dividends and the Capital One Rewards. I only wish I would have applied for all 8 on the same day.  Overall I'm happy, but wish I would have done it the correct way. I've received a much lower rate than my other cards and some great promo offers. My Discover It card arrived today. I can't wait for the other cards to get here. I'm moving next week and need to do some house shopping.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Re: 6 out of 8

Congrats, great approvals.

Message 2 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your approvals! Garden and let those cards and inquiries age. Are you going to be looking at purchasing a home or renting?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 7
jg27

I meant I need to do some shopping for the house. My brother just bought a new house. I'm moving in with him.

I have 2 high APR cards with Citi at 29.99%.  They allowed me to open up the Simplicity card at 0% BT for 18 months and at 12.99% after. The catch was I had to transfer up to 54% of my credit from either of the 2 higher APR cards. One was at 8k and the other at 14k. I felt like struck gold. I was thinking of trying to close out one of the cards and  asking them to transfer the remaining credit line to the new card. I was thinking of doing the same with my Amazon Chase card at 17.99, since I got the Freedom and Slate at a much better rate. Is that possible at this time or should I wait  before asking. I don't want to rock the boat so soon after getting 8 inquiries in the last week.

Message 4 of 7
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

I'd say tab transfer the cl but leave the cards open for the length of time on history
Message 5 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Please work hard on paying down your debt and not accumulating more with your new cards. When your promotional periods end your interest rates will be no different than beforehand. This buys you time, but doesn't mean you have escaped interest charges.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 7
jg27

I got my utilitzation down to 11% as of this month. My main goal was to get my creditors to lower my APR due to my higher credit score. The three high APR ones said no. I went ahead and applied for new cards with lower rates. I haven't been using my cards for purchases, but will do a balance transfer. I'm gonna let them sit for a while and garden for a bit.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.