Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

61 Day CLI

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

61 Day CLI

I had BK in 2004 so it's 8 years old with Amex CO of $700 green card.

Got SKY in July  with $2000 limit and asked for $6000.

Can I ask again in 3 months ?

The good new now I get free credit report.

American Express

PO Box 30374

Salt Lake City, UT 84130

September 20, 2012

Reference: XXXX-XXXXXXX-12345

Reference: 12345678912345USD

Dear Amex User,

Thank you for your recent request for a line of credit increase on your American Express� Card Account.

We regret to inform you that your request has been declined.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Your American Express account(s) indicates previous delinquencies.

An important notice concerning your rights is included. The creditor is American Express Centurion Bank.

If you have any questions, please call 1-800-535-7790 or write to us at the address above. To learn more about protecting your credit, visit our Consumer Resources page at www.americanexpress.com/consumerresources.

Sincerely,

Robert Garinger

SVP Global New Accounts

Notice to U.S. Residents.

The federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided that

the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning American Express Centurion Bank and American Express Bank, FSB is the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection, 1700 G Street NW, Washington DC 20006 (the "Bureau"). The federal agencies that administer compliance with this law concerning American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. are the Bureau (address above) and the Federal Trade Commission, Equal Credit Opportunity, Washington D.C. 20580.

Notice to Ohio Residents.

The Ohio state laws against discrimination require that all creditors make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on each individual upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers compliance with this law.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: 61 Day CLI

@DeadSpider wrote:

I had BK in 2004 so it's 8 years old with Amex CO of $700 green card.

Got SKY in July  with $2000 limit and asked for $6000.

Can I ask again in 3 months ?

The good new now I get free credit report.

You can try again in 90 days. I'm not sure if they'll approve you for a cli since the denial reason cites previous delinquencies. Paying the co would be your best bet for a cli, otherwise it seems like they might keep you at 2k
EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 19
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

I'll try again in 90 days I'm sure I need more history.

Can I even pay the CO it's been forever 8 years.

Message 3 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

I'll try again in 90 days I'm sure I need more history.

Can I even pay the CO it's been forever 8 years

When did the account go into CO status?

Message 4 of 19
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

It sounds like you are blacklisted with AMEX in a manner of speaking. AMEX supposedly should have brought CO up when you applied but didn't. Now AMEX will use that CO to deny granting CLI.

You are going to need to pay off that CO first. Without getting that CO paid, you won't get anywhere even if you wait for 90 days.

Message 5 of 19
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

CO was around 2000/2001 and filled for BK in 2004 which comes off my credit report 9/2014.

If I don't get CLI oh well I'm surprised I got approved to began with and it's been 2 months.

I'll try in 90.

Message 6 of 19
grimalkin
Established Member

Hi all,

I also recently received the dreaded "Your American Express account(s) indicates previous delinquencies" when I asked for a CLI on a Blue Cash Rewards I've had since 04/2012.

I bit the bullet and I called customer service.  It turns out that they're still keenly aware of my CO from 05/2004.

The representative told me so long as I had a balance on the old CO account, I would never qualify for a CLI on the new card.

Thus, I requested copies of my old statements from the CO account and I'm going to begin paying it off.  At this point in my credit rehab, the value I get from this AmEx backdating to 2002 is priceless.  Hopefully when I pay this old balance, then I'll get a finally get a CLI!

Here's to rehabbing one old CO at a time!

Edit:spelling

5/2021 FICO8 TU 845; EQ8 820; EXP 819
Message 7 of 19
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

can he pay the CO with his AMEX?? lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 8 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL

this is so silly..

they'll approve you for a new account, but wont grant a cli for something that was that long ago???

The prob with paying it is that it will reflect on your credit report (like to your other creditors that it is a CURRENT account).

ONLY pay if they AGREE TO DELETE IT!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 19
grimalkin
Established Member

The 05/2004 CO fell off all CR sometime around 5/2011.

Do you believe that paying off an old CO will make it re-appear on the reports?

5/2021 FICO8 TU 845; EQ8 820; EXP 819
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.