Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

61 Day Increase ???

tag
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

61 Day Increase ???

Tomorrow will be 61 days since I my Amex BCE was opened and I have a couple of questions.

1. How early can I request the cli tomorrow? Can I ask at 12:01am?

2. I tried the 'Will my charges be approved' and was wondering if that is a good indication of getting a cli? My current limit is $1k and 2.5 and wasn't approved, but 1.8k was

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: 61 Day Increase ???

@Anonymous wrote:

Tomorrow will be 61 days since I my Amex BCE was opened and I have a couple of questions.

1. How early can I request the cli tomorrow? Can I ask at 12:01am?

2. I tried the 'Will my charges be approved' and was wondering if that is a good indication of getting a cli? My current limit is $1k and 2.5 and wasn't approved, but 1.8k was

First thing to know is that it isn't 61 days from the day you got approved, but 61 days from when Amex opened the account, which is usually three or four days after you got approved. Make sure of that. However, if you apply too early, all you have to do is wait those few more days and try again.

To the best of my knowledge, you can apply right after midnight on the big day.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think the "will my charges be approved" function is a good indicator of whether or not you'll get the 3x CLI.

Message 2 of 9
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

My 61st day of Amex creating my account is tomorrow... I guess I will give it a try after midnight.

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 3 of 9
parkman
Regular Contributor

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 4 of 9
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@parkman wrote:
Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

Will Do!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 5 of 9
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

I just received the dreaded 7-10 day message

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 6 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried the 'Will my charges be approved' and was wondering if that is a good indication of getting a cli? My current limit is $1k and 2.5 and wasn't approved, but 1.8k was

Nope.  Transaction approval and CLI are two entirely different things.  Apples and oranges.

Message 7 of 9
Aaroncl27
Established Member

You may have just requested a bit too early. I know that the date my account actually opened was later than I thought it was. Try it again in a few days and see what happens. You may have just jumped the gun.

SCORES AS OF 7/20/15 TU: 761 EQ: 768 EX: 770

10000              6000              5000               5000               4400              3750              2000               1700
Message 8 of 9
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@Aaroncl27 wrote:

You may have just requested a bit too early. I know that the date my account actually opened was later than I thought it was. Try it again in a few days and see what happens. You may have just jumped the gun.

It was denied. I just spoke with a rep and he instructed me to request a cli in 90 days. It will give me time to pay down my NFCU card (about $1000 out of $5500). 

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.