cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

61 day CLI AMEX - questions (nothing to do with date of request)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

61 day CLI AMEX - questions (nothing to do with date of request)

I was approved for my Delta card with 2k limit on 9/14/12.  I activated and used the card for the first time on 9/20/12.  (61st day from approval would put it on 11/14/12 and from activation would be on 11/20/12)  I had marked my calendar to apply for the CLI on 11/23/12 as it would be at a good time to request it (Black Friday)

My two questions:

1. Would asking for CLI on Black Friday be a good or bad idea with AMEX?

2. My NFCU Flagship card should be reporting in about a month.  Would the presence of this high CL increase or decrease my chances for CLI with AMEX?  (wondering if I should request CLI before or after it starts reporting)

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MrAnonymous

Re: 61 day CLI AMEX - questions (nothing to do with date of request)

I don't think it will make much of a difference. What WILL make a difference is your payment history with Amex. If you've PIF each month you shouldn't have any issues.

Message 2 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Yup.  Ive had multiple payments so far.  First month I pushed about 1k through card and made 2 payments of 500 (Paid reported balance in full).  Second month I pushed almost 1.8k through card and just paid in full.  The next statement date is 11/14.  I have another 1k to post to card that I will PIF prior to statement date and then will seek CLI soon thereafter.

Message 3 of 7
MrAnonymous

You should have no problems then.

Message 4 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hope you get it!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 7
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

I was approved for my Delta card with 2k limit on 9/14/12.  I activated and used the card for the first time on 9/20/12.  (61st day from approval would put it on 11/14/12 and from activation would be on 11/20/12)  I had marked my calendar to apply for the CLI on 11/23/12 as it would be at a good time to request it (Black Friday)

My two questions:

1. Would asking for CLI on Black Friday be a good or bad idea with AMEX?

2. My NFCU Flagship card should be reporting in about a month.  Would the presence of this high CL increase or decrease my chances for CLI with AMEX?  (wondering if I should request CLI before or after it starts reporting)

Thanks

With having had the card for a total of 63 days at cli app, payment history plays a very small role in the approval.  Also, the new NFCU account will likely not be factored into the approval/ denial either.  They will use a soft pull from after your approval to determine eligibility.  ( Usually within the first 30 days of approval) Also- your new NFCU app may have triggered a new SP which likely will be the SP they use.  If there wasn't too much change in your CR and your income based on their internal scoring systems will allow, you will get the 61 day cli.  I wish you the very best of luck on your cli app.  Just an FYI... Amex- Citi- Chase subscribe to a CRA service that alerts them to new HP activity so they know when you app new CCs.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 6 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I didnt know that those lenders would notice my apps Smiley Happy  At least they are not Barclay but I'm done apping until refi.  The only app I would consider is to change my car loan if Cap1 ever agreed to the PIF I'm trying to get done.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.