Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

61 day CLI question

tag
ppiresny
Contributor

61 day CLI question

How does one go about finding out the date the card was opened to accurately request a CLI on the 61st day.

Also when requesting a CLI on the 61st day does the card have to have $0 balance.

My citi diamond has 45% utilization because I am taking advantage of the 0% APR for 18 mths, would this prevent me from getting a CLI, I pay more than minimum as well.

TU 708 EQ 690 EX 708(FCR)

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: 61 day CLI question

Check the opening date of your first statement to find out when the account was opened.

To be on the safe side though, use 61 days from the date of activation to be sure.

Utilization on other cards shouldn't be a factor; just make sure the AMEX is below 10% at the time of request.

Good luck!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 14
FrugalRican
Blogger

If in doubt, go check your application status online for AMEX and it'll show you what date you were approved.

And yes, you'd be much better off requesting an increase while having a 0 balance.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Personally, I would recommend just waiting till your 2nd statement cuts.  That way you can be sure.  While it is nice to hit it on exactly the right day, does it really matter?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 14
ppiresny
Contributor

doesn't matter the date, just dont want to let the opportunity pass me by, this is a soft pull as well correct?

TU 708 EQ 690 EX 708(FCR)

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 5 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@ppiresny wrote:

doesn't matter the date, just dont want to let the opportunity pass me by, this is a soft pull as well correct?

Yep soft pull.  But remember it isn't a soft pull at the time of CLI request.  It is based on the last account review soft pull they did.  So really pay attention to managing your utilization during the first two months.

Message 6 of 14
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@ppiresny wrote:

Yep soft pull.  But remember it isn't a soft pull at the time of CLI request.  It is based on the last account review soft pull they did.  So really pay attention to managing your utilization during the first two months.

How often does AmEx do SP/account reviews?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

@ppiresny wrote:

How often does AmEx do SP/account reviews?

Varies. Usually once a month, but I have seen it several times a month and skip a couple of months. I think dependent on how much you are using cards. I find sp to be in line with my plat card use. If I do a bunch of big charges, the sp seem to match up.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the delta amex 62 days ago with a credit line of $2000 dollars well today I call and request 3x my credit limit and I was approved for $6000 dollars!! I ask her if it was a HP and she said no it a SP.

Message 9 of 14
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I have a similar question, Today is my 6 month mark on my bcp, should I request a CLI today or wait a few days after today?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.