Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

610 mid score

tag
cracksmeup
Regular Contributor

610 mid score

Trying to help my girlfriend get approved for her first card. She has a 610 mid score. She just got a pre-approval in the mail for Citi-Simplicity but I'm almost positive that she would get denied. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: 610 mid score

Whats a mid score?  Is that something people use when applying for a mortgage?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 8
cracksmeup
Regular Contributor

Yes, exactly. The middle of her 3 scores
Message 3 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Ah ok.  Well most credit card applications will result in one pull from one CRA.  So you need to know what the individual scores are.  If one is decently higher than the others, then look for creditors that pull the report with the higher score.  If all of your reports are approximately 610, then you probably will need to start out with a secured card.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 8
cracksmeup
Regular Contributor

I believe her highest is 618, from TU
Message 5 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I bet, since she has no credit cards currently (or ever), that if you got a secured card you would see some kind of score increase instantly.  And then more after about 6 months.  And then it would be much easier to get approved for a good unsecured rewards card.

EDIT:  but I would try for that pre-approval first.

Message 6 of 8
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@cracksmeup wrote:
Trying to help my girlfriend get approved for her first card. She has a 610 mid score. She just got a pre-approval in the mail for Citi-Simplicity but I'm almost positive that she would get denied. Any suggestions would be helpful.

i wouldnt even bother with the simplicity. its the hardest card from citi to get. with a 610 she would need to start the secured route

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 7 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Can you tell us a little about what your her credit report looks like.  What accounts on it.  Any negative info?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.