cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

615 Fico Score - What CC's to apply for?

tag
Jerel82TX
New Contributor

615 Fico Score - What CC's to apply for?

Hello,

I finally raised my fico score from 550 to a 615 according to my freecreditreport subscription. Currently, I have a wells fargo secured credit card ($300 limit- for 2.5 years) . What credit cards can/should I apply for with only a 615 FICO ?  Any advice would be helpfulSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: 615 Fico Score - What CC's to apply for?

I would advise getting your FICO score from here, as all other scores out there are FAKOs. Then we can go from there Smiley Happy

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say first try and see if Wells Fargo will unsecure that card. Then, I recommend gardening for a few more months until your scores are around 650. At that time, go for CapitalOne.

Message 3 of 16
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Do you have any derogatory accounting for that low score? How many inquiries do you have? Is the WF secured CC the only CC you have?

My first suggestion would probably be to age that account a little. If not, try applying for a Capital One Quicksilver One card which would automatically enroll you in the Credit Steps program and is meant to help rebuild credit.
Message 4 of 16
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Do you have any derogatory accounting for that low score? How many inquiries do you have? Is the WF secured CC the only CC you have?

My first suggestion would probably be to age that account a little. If not, try applying for a Capital One Quicksilver One card which would automatically enroll you in the Credit Steps program and is meant to help rebuild credit.

I agree with this.  I would try for Capital One, I don't see them denying your for the QS1 or Platinum.  Remember you need atleast 3 tradelines reporting to obtain maximum scoring.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 16
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

I just reread your OP. 2.5 years is a long time to have a card Secured. As a previous poster mentioned. Contact WF and have them return the collateral deposit you made initially. I am sticking by my statement in which I believe you should app for Capital One.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the Cap1 Pre-Qual site:

"Don't cost nothin'"

------ John "BLUTO" Blutarsky

Message 7 of 16
Jerel82TX
New Contributor

Hello,

Yes, I still have 3-4 collection accounts remaining on my report ( but all 3-4 years old-under $1400 total). Nonetheless, I plan on getting those removed this year via PFD.  Also, my very first CC in college ( 10 years ago)  was capital one. Consequently, since I wasn't very responsible at 18, that account went to collections with $300 owed. However,  This is no longer reporting on my credit report because of the age. Would this impact me getting another card with Capital One?  Also, YES, I've had my secured CC with Wells Fargo for 2.5 years with perfect payment history with NO GRADUATION occurring.

Message 8 of 16
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Jerel82TX wrote:

Hello,

Yes, I still have 3-4 collection accounts remaining on my report ( but all 3-4 years old-under $1400 total). Nonetheless, I plan on getting those removed this year via PFD.  Also, my very first CC in college ( 10 years ago)  was capital one. Consequently, since I wasn't very responsible at 18, that account went to collections with $300 owed. However,  This is no longer reporting on my credit report because of the age. Would this impact me getting another card with Capital One?  Also, YES, I've had my secured CC with Wells Fargo for 2.5 years with perfect payment history with NO GRADUATION occurring.

NO I don't see it as impacting you from getting another card with Capital One.  I included them in my BK for 3 cards and I currently have three with them.  Capital One is a very forgiving lender unlike some of the others. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One is VERY forgiving.  It isn't guaranteed that they'll let you back in but they probably will.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.