Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

61st Day AMEX CLI - Soft pull question

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: 61st Day AMEX CLI - Soft pull question

wow.. this was a great question... Ive noticed that all of the lenders are starting to base clis off of sps.  They used to not do that :-(

Meh, guess I better make sure all of my balances are properly reporting for Amex soft pulling me LOL if I want that 3xcli.

How are you able to see that they are softing you, and what report(s) do they typically do the sps??

lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 15
djrez4
Established Contributor

Amex always softs Experian for me.  My understanding is that it's their favorite CRA.  Some credit monitoring services will show soft inquiries.  I only see mine right now because I still have access to the results of a recent dispute.

Message 12 of 15
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

are you checking all three? amex always hard pulls exp for me, has softed exp once in 7 most, but softs tu every month on the 28th. so they don't just pull from one. I am pretty sure they used tu to approve me for my Hilton surpass and for my cli, even if after approval they pulled exp.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 13 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

no. I need to check my TU report. I'll wait a little longer and pull after new UTIL updates.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hmmm welll Amex based my approval on TU, so perhaps that is indicative of their future soft pulling habits. I was just recently denied a cli on a GECRB account. That means I can get a copy of my TU report for free (within 60 days) LOL. I love the CARD Act for that!! Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.