cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

670 avg score. What co. will give highest limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

670 avg score. What co. will give highest limit?

I have a 670 average credit score. I need a card with the highest limit I can get, and I don't care about limit or fees or anything else. I will be paying off the full balance before the billing cycle every month. Which card companies have been the most liberal with credit limits for average scores? I don't want to get in a situation where they give me a $500 limit and I have to immediately cancel and have the fee refunded. Secured card is not an option. Thank you so much for the advice! : )

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 670 avg score. What co. will give highest limit?

OOppps, I meant I don't care about interest rate or fees.

Message 2 of 16
vish1
Valued Contributor

PSECU may be a good opiton. They have been known to be liberal with CLs and easy to get approved for. The only problem is they have no rewards.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 16
creditisbetter2
Contributor

Are you looking for a department store card or a regular credit card?  I applied for a Barclay's card and my limit is pretty fair on that one at $2,000.  I just recently applied for a dillards amex and was approved for $1200.  I have one score that sits over 700 and two that are just below 700.  I know you want a high limit right away but if you get one of these cards and they don't give you the limit that you want, i've been lucky enough to get generous increases every 3 months.  Sometimes i've asked for it and other times I haven't but what works for me is that i've carried small balances instead of paying them off in full every month.  I think from a credit company perspective, if you pay the balance off in full, they aren't generating any money from you as a consumer so what would be the point of increasing your limit?  That's how I think they view consumers.  I say give those two companies a try.

Message 4 of 16
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Not sure what you credit history is like but last month I was approved with a 659 EQ with Wells Fargo and received a $7000 CL. My history was clean and short. Its a good card and if you plan to PIF each month they will treat you good.  Others may say different but they have always been good to me even when I had their secured CC.

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit scores from free credit score are 748 Experian(is that EX?) which is Vantage I believe, 666 on Equifax(kinda spooky), and 675 on TU. It appears on posts that PSECU is taking people a while and I need this card ASAP. As a side note, it is a short term solution for business inventory which will actually help me pay down my existing debt quickly.Do you think you got a high CL with Well's because of your history with them? I have no late payment in the 24 months on my reports and it only referenced 30 day lates in the notes. What was your credit score for the Barclay's card? Like I said it is a short term solution and I will switch cards soon, if things go as well as I think they will, so interest rate, benefits, fees, ect. are inconsequential to me as long as I get at the VERY least a 2k-3k card. Is there any advantage from a CL standpoint of opening a business card with my new LLC?

Message 6 of 16
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

are you looking to carry a balance or decrease your overall utilization? and what is your plan with this card

amazon
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely pay off the balance every month. It will be used for buying and and quickly selling inventory.

Message 8 of 16
junior88
Frequent Contributor

I can't speak on the LLC part.

As far as Wells, my history with them may have played a small part in it but for the most part I feel my overall credit history was the factory and my score.  They usually pull EX, mine is frozen so I called and got a Sup to pull my EQ. I really think you would get in with them very easy.  They do have 0% on purchases for the first 5 or 6 months.  You should get a instant decision online I believe.  Mine was not due to my EX being frozen.

Otherwise, try for US Bank. I didn't get in with them after a big run around but I hear others get in with them very easy.

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 9 of 16
creditisbetter2
Contributor

My score was right around 650 at the time.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.