Reply
Contributor
chevydude26
Posts: 82
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0

694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

I was looking into one of the Chase freedom cards but i heard you need at least a 680 to be approved and i'm not sure which they would pull. And i don't know what my experian score is. I recently just got a mortgage but it hasn't reported on my credit report yet. I also just signed up for the penfed credit union and i'm looking into getting a 10000 dollar car loan at 2.9%. Which should I apply for first and will i be accepted with those credit scores? Also any other suggestions would be great as well

 

thanks for any and all help!

 

:smileyhappy:

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,084
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

 


chevydude26 wrote:

I was looking into one of the Chase freedom cards but i heard you need at least a 680 to be approved and i'm not sure which they would pull. And i don't know what my experian score is. I recently just got a mortgage but it hasn't reported on my credit report yet. I also just signed up for the penfed credit union and i'm looking into getting a 10000 dollar car loan at 2.9%. Which should I apply for first and will i be accepted with those credit scores? Also any other suggestions would be great as well

 

thanks for any and all help!

 

:smileyhappy:


 

All three scores are pulled for a mortgage. Can you contact the lender and ask what they were?

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work


Contributor
chevydude26
Posts: 82
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

I remember the paper and i believe it was nearer to the transunion than it was to equifiax. I also have 5 inquiries for the year. My previous credit cards had an 800 dollar limit, 500 dollar limit and a 200 dollar limit that used to be a 1200 dollar limit. They were pretty much accounts i was a joint account holder with and were recently cancelled. I only have a 200 dollar secured card left. Although the 3 previous chase cards are still in my history. Any other relevant info you may need. I also wonder how much of a hit my credit score will take with the possible inquiries which should be 2 more and the new credit with the mortgage and the car loan and credit card. My avg age of accounts is 6 years and my oldest account is about 9 years. hopefully whatever hit i take can come back in like a year?

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,084
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

 


chevydude26 wrote:

I remember the paper and i believe it was nearer to the transunion than it was to equifiax. I also have 5 inquiries for the year. My previous credit cards had an 800 dollar limit, 500 dollar limit and a 200 dollar limit that used to be a 1200 dollar limit. They were pretty much accounts i was a joint account holder with and were recently cancelled. I only have a 200 dollar secured card left. Although the 3 previous chase cards are still in my history. Any other relevant info you may need. I also wonder how much of a hit my credit score will take with the possible inquiries which should be 2 more and the new credit with the mortgage and the car loan and credit card. My avg age of accounts is 6 years and my oldest account is about 9 years. hopefully whatever hit i take can come back in like a year?


 

Your score of course will take a hit but i don't think it will be all that much. In a years' time you'll recover from all those inquiries and new credit. I would wait though for at least 6-12 months before I applied for any more credit.

 

Just my opinion.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work


Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?


chevydude26 wrote:

I was looking into one of the Chase freedom cards but i heard you need at least a 680 to be approved and i'm not sure which they would pull. And i don't know what my experian score is. I recently just got a mortgage but it hasn't reported on my credit report yet. I also just signed up for the penfed credit union and i'm looking into getting a 10000 dollar car loan at 2.9%. Which should I apply for first and will i be accepted with those credit scores? Also any other suggestions would be great as well

 

thanks for any and all help!

 

:smileyhappy:


You have a lot of new credit with a mortgage, penfed CU (what type of accounts did you sign up for with them?) and your anticipated auto loan.

 

What other open accounts do you have?

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Contributor
chevydude26
Posts: 82
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

well i still haven't funded my account and i'm sending it in the mail tomorrow. i will probably sign up for a regular checking account. Does it matter how much i put in the account? The auto loan will be for 10,000. I'm thinking of perhaps just sticking with my 200 dollar secured card and keeping it under 10% to avoid too much credit damage and maybe waiting on the credit card. I don't want to be denied by chase since i hear they require a 680 and i have one negative account that has been paid from 07.

 

As far as my other open accounts i have one small student loan for 800 dollars that i could pay off at any time and a consolidated student loan for about 28000 dollars that is deferred. The 200 dollar secured credit card and the closed chase credit cards.

 

I'm guessing it would be best to limit the damage to new mortgage and future auto loan. those two alone will probably derail my chase for 700 for about a year or two i'd imagine.

 

and thanks to both of you for all the great advice and help. All input is appreciated

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 20,067
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

I would let your mortgage post first.

Then I would get the auto loan and ask for a cc at the same time as the auto loan.

then maybe a amex zync

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Contributor
chevydude26
Posts: 82
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

well penfed declined my auto loan and credit card...luckily they weren't extra inquiries since they used the credit report they checked when they first opened my account. I have a 694 and one baddie from 2007. I understand the auto loan decline but the credit card one i really don't understand. They said i don't have enough paid accounts as agreed when all of them have been paid as agreed except one credit card from 2007 that i paid off in 2007. I have 3 other credit cards with a clean history. I guess they are just really conservative.

 

I'll just stay put since i don't really need a credit card...but that was pretty discouraging. I was honest and mentioned the mortgage even though it hasn't posted. Now i'm afraid to apply for anything else

Contributor
waqaszm1
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎02-27-2008
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

hey, i am sorry to hear abt the denial from penfed. if i were you, i wouldnt really worry much over it- penfed is a hard one to get especially the credit card thing. if you just want to add a decent credit card to the mix, you may want to try discover more card. they usually pull transunion, or experian. you may also want to look into capital one as a second option. let me know if you decide to go this route.


chevydude26 wrote:

well penfed declined my auto loan and credit card...luckily they weren't extra inquiries since they used the credit report they checked when they first opened my account. I have a 694 and one baddie from 2007. I understand the auto loan decline but the credit card one i really don't understand. They said i don't have enough paid accounts as agreed when all of them have been paid as agreed except one credit card from 2007 that i paid off in 2007. I have 3 other credit cards with a clean history. I guess they are just really conservative.

 

I'll just stay put since i don't really need a credit card...but that was pretty discouraging. I was honest and mentioned the mortgage even though it hasn't posted. Now i'm afraid to apply for anything else


 

Contributor
chevydude26
Posts: 82
Registered: ‎08-23-2008
0

Re: 694 Equifax and 676 Transunion which credit cards would approve me?

I wish i would have read your advice earlier. i did consider discover more but then i decided to try the Chase slate card considering that i have a large amount of funds in their bank account and i had good credit card history with chase. Well I got the 7-10 day message and then decided to call the backdoor number and was told that it was denied due to a paid in less than full from capital one in 2007. Since then i haven't had a baddie and I was in college and brought my credit score from 550 to 694 now that i actually make a good income...however they said that even a reconsideration would decline me...

 

So does this mean i won't be able to get a credit card until 2013 when that baddie drops off? I'm a little down but i only wanted a credit card because my chase ones were closed by the primary account holder and i was on them as a joint account holder and I kept them under 10% utilization and I was able to add the hisotory to my credit history. I don't really need one and planned to keep them under 10% but i am at least going to wait until next year when all my inquiries drop off.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+