Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 Days Denial-Capital One...

tag
happy0510
Established Contributor

7-10 Days Denial-Capital One...

I shouldn't have applied!!! Argh....I feel like crud!!! Dang! I only have 1 open TL and is why I am applying in the 1st place...I knew I was blacklisted from the whole world!! Who do they pull by the way??

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Re: 7-10 Days Denial-Capital One...

Unless something has changed, CAP 1 pulls all 3 credit bureaus.  I would definitely call and recon if I was you.  You two scores look good enough to get one of their cards unless you have burned them in the past. 
Message 2 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

I have NEVER had Cap One! I will try to recon.....see what happens! Man...I am trying to add another TL cause I am buying ahouse and need TL's!!!

Message 3 of 40
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Have you tried a secured card?  I think some popular ones are BOA, National City, and Wells Fargo.  I definitely know the BOA secured does unsecure around 9-12 months.  I would also recommend that you try a local CU, they tend to be more understanding about past mistakes. 
Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happy0510 wrote:
I shouldn't have applied!!! Argh....I feel like crud!!! Dang! I only have 1 open TL and is why I am applying in the 1st place...I knew I was blacklisted from the whole world!! Who do they pull by the way??

Cap One does pull all 3. Did they give a reason for the denial?
Message 5 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

No reason.  Just 7-10 day message.  Letter, blah, blah....  Did not say denied exactly...just 7-10 days.

I already got a secured Orchard that went unsecured 12 months later.

Message 6 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

Ok...so I just called customer service.  They said it was an error message?? They resubmitted my app (does this mean another hard pull??) I will get notice within up upto 15 days they said.  What the heck is going on? I told the CS Rep I was denied and wanted a reason.  Grrr....WHy do I feel so terrible??

Message 7 of 40
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Capital One rarely approves instantly. Most of the the consumers who were approved for a Capital One card receive the 7-10 day message including myself.
Message 8 of 40
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

I got the approval screen at the end of my application online.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied, and then received the card a week later from Capital One.  This was several years ago.
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.