Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 Days Denial-Capital One...

tag
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: 7-10 Days Denial-Capital One...

Well, that's nice to know.  I will keep you guys updated on the outcome.  Keep your fingers crossed!!Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have applied for the wrong card. Did you apply for the one for fair credit.  I am sure you were approved.  I was approved for $1k two weeks ago and I had two prior cards from them that were included in my bankruptcy.
Message 12 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

I either applied for platinum or standard platinum. 

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for Capital One Platinum.  You probably were approved for a higher CL becuase your scores are better than mine and you don't have a bk. My card came in a week.  Good luck.  If you are denied you can always call the backdoor number for reconsideration. 
Message 14 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

I haven't heard anything yet or received a letter.  It's been 6 days. I'm not upset anymore either.  I got over the initial pain...hahahaSmiley Happy

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

well good luck hope you get approved
Message 16 of 40
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Call Cap1: 800-548-4593 (application department; status) and see if you were approved. They should have the info to help you.
Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Limeni how did you get such a score increase in two mos.
Message 18 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

Thanks Ralbusta,

I called that number and the automated lady said I will have an answer by 5/21/09.  So, I transferred to a CSR and told them I was denied and need an answer again....and they said "your application is still being processed and it will take up to 3 weeks".  I can't believe it.  Either you are approved or you aren't geez. Especially when you are denied and it takes them forever to let you down!! Anyone else wait forever for bad news??

HappySmiley Happy

Message 19 of 40
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Are you sure you were denied? 7-10 day message doesn't mean denial. If the CSR didn't say you were denied, then I believe that they are still processing your app like she said. Believe me when you are denied they'll tell you, they just may not say why on the phone. I would just keep trying the automated line every few days, until you get an actual answer yes or no. The system takes 48 hrs to update once they make a decision. Good luck!
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.