Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 Days Denial-Capital One...

tag
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: 7-10 Days Denial-Capital One...

Called automated again.  It says the application is being reviewed and I should receive information by 5/21.  Which comes to my next question. Why are they not actually taking 7-10 days? It has been over 10 days at this point!! Ralbusta, so you are saying they would deny me immediately most times? Thanks.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 40
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@happy0510 wrote:

Called automated again.  It says the application is being reviewed and I should receive information by 5/21.  Which comes to my next question. Why are they not actually taking 7-10 days? It has been over 10 days at this point!! Ralbusta, so you are saying they would deny me immediately most times? Thanks.

If you get the 7-10 day message because of denial, by this time the denial would be in the system and the CSR would have notified you as such as well.

If you haven't been told you are denied by the system or CSR, then I would assume that you haven't been denied. A processing time of three weeks is standard for many CC's. Maybe cap 1 is scrutinizing their apps more??

Until you get a solid no, then I would assume they are still processing your app.

ETA: 7-10 days means buisness days. So could be two weeks.

Message Edited by ralbusta on 05-04-2009 11:56 AM
Message 22 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

Thanks Ralbusta,

I will sit tight and keep you informed!! Yes, I have not been flat out told NO yet.  I will wait and see. I have been bouncing back for over 4 years now.  I really hope I can get someone to extend me some credit!!

Happy Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

Re: 7-10 Days Denial-Capital One...***UPDATE***

DENIED. I called the 800 number again later in the day and automatically got sent to a CSR and she confirmed I was denied.  Now what? I really want another TL. Wait to receive the "reason"?

Message 24 of 40
enerey
Regular Contributor

Have you tried an hsbc card? they have a preapproval so you can check if your approved without wasting a hard pull.
Message 25 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

Well I already have an Orchard unsecured. I was thinking I needed to get something else.  But now, I don't want to waste anymore pulls cause I am buying a home in the next 6 months and don't want to pull my score down!!

Message 26 of 40
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Sorry bout the denial, I thought you were approved for sure. But like you said if you're going for a house in 6 months hold off on applying for anything else.

Use the decline for free reports from all three, since they pulled all three!

Message 27 of 40
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I applied for the Cap one secured card online & I didn't even have the option of setting up the $ 200.00 transfer to open a secured card. After I submitted the info I got the ever so lovely 7-10 day notice that flashed up on my screen. Does this mean I got turned down for a lousy $200.00 secured card ? If so, it'll be the last time I ever attempt to open any accounts with cap one. This is unreal, if in fact I am being declined. How does 1 check the status ? Do they email you ? I called the number they put up on the screen to check the application status but, it immediatly says enter your account number, well duh. I can't enter a number I don't already have. Sorry If I'm venting but, I just have a bad feeling I'm about to be turned down for a $200.00 secured card.

Message 28 of 40
happy0510
Established Contributor

Wow...I posted this message a year ago!  Those Cap One Inquiry's irked me for 12 months!!

Anyhow, I ended up getting approved for a Macy's and Kay Jeweler's. Have you tried those? I got them in 9/09.

Have you tried calling the number?  I don't think i'll ever apply for Cap One again either!!

Message 29 of 40
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I tried calling the number they give you to check your status but, when you call it asks for your current account number which obviously I don't have, and it won't transfer you to a live agent. If I get turned down for a $200.00 secured card they can kiss my proverbial backside. I'm getting the feeling it will be declined 7 it's disgusting just thinking about something that lame that my own money is being used to secure it & still may not get the card. What a joke !

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.