Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 day message and approvals?

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

7-10 day message and approvals?

I wsa just curious...has anyone ever gotten the 7-10 day message after submitting an app and actually gotten approved without Recon.  I just assume that always meant a denial.  I received that notice a year ago from both Chase and Citi and was denied, but found success with Recon.  I was just curious if anyone ever got that, waited a bit, and found out that they were approved.  I think most assume that just means denial.  If so, why don't the CCCs simply give you an instant denial as they would an instant approval?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

Re: 7-10 day message and approvals?

I was always under the impression that the 7-10 day message just meant it had to go in for manual review. Because of factors that were stopping you from being auto-approved. But Im assuming 9 out of 10 times, the reason you cant be instant approved, after being reviewed is more then likely the reason they say no after a manual review, and force you to recon.

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have gotten the message. Some companies like to manually review apps- CUs are notorious for the 7-10 day message
Message 3 of 9
rkinnahan
New Contributor

My DGF just got one of those when she app'd for the Chase Freedom.  She was pretty down and out, but after a couple days, it popped up as a new card in her chase login.  She got the same message when she app'd for the CSP a couple years back, and was approved for that as well.  I think the others are right.  It just indicates manual review and its still up in the air.  No one from Chase called her either time to clarify any questions they had.  She has a much better credit profile than me and when I app'd for both the CSP and Freedom, I was insta-approved.  YMMV.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 4 of 9
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

I wsa just curious...has anyone ever gotten the 7-10 day message after submitting an app and actually gotten approved without Recon.  I just assume that always meant a denial.  I received that notice a year ago from both Chase and Citi and was denied, but found success with Recon.  I was just curious if anyone ever got that, waited a bit, and found out that they were approved.  I think most assume that just means denial.  If so, why don't the CCCs simply give you an instant denial as they would an instant approval?

I got a 30 day message when I applied for my CSP last week. A few minutes later I logged in to my Chase Account, told to update settings, and it showed a CSP account. I called the automated phone app status and it said "Congratulations....." I also received an email when my card was sent out a few days later. I think that sometimes the system goes into a delayed mode. 

Message 5 of 9
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I got a 30 day message applying for the Fidelity AMEX and was approved a few days later.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 6 of 9
oztsvi
New Contributor

i got it last night, i checked after a few hours and i was approved without a recon.

Message 7 of 9
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

That's good to know.  I remember last year getting those and calling in almost immediately.  Sure enough they knew I was denied but Recon was successful with both Chase and Citi.  I guess if I ever get that again, I know to be a little more patient since there's hope.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
oztsvi
New Contributor

good luck!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.