Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 message on secured credit card app

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

Re: 7-10 message on secured credit card app

Low and behold they do have a backdoor #.  After waiting almost 15 minutes all the underwriter could tell me was it was processing and that they have a hold time of up to 6 days on the funds being transferred which makes the secured cards take a little longer.  I mentioned my conern about possibly not being approve even though it was a secured card and she did state that there were a couple reasons that would cause a secured card to be denied (she didn't mention what they were), but that she didn't see anything on my account.  I did check Equifax and they HP me today.  So I guess I'm just waiting (not very patiently) right now.

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 11 of 13
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Patience, grasshopper.

I know, it's hard.  Smiley Happy

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 13
mt2va
Established Contributor

Apparently, I've been approved.  The money went from pending to being taken out of my checking account last week.  Called to confirm today and they said they are just waiting on the card to be made and then I will receive it. 

So I guess I'm gardening for awhile with my 2 new secured credit cards and then will see where I should go from there.  My USAA AmEx is the one I'm using for various purchases and occasionally leaving a small balance.  My StellarOne Visa will be used for stuff I PIF each month like newspaper subscription, netflix, etc 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.