Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 to 10 day period?

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: 7 to 10 day period?

Yes when you call you ask for a reconsideration. They already pulled your report, mine as well make an attempt.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 11 of 17
motiv8ed2getthescoreup
Regular Contributor

The supervisor told me to obtain a a free copy of my credit report from equifax, then fax it back over to them for a manual review. I asked her what the difference was in them doing that today verses them doing it when I fax the information in, and she told me that they take a general look at it. That they may change it with a full report on file. Is that normal for a recon process, or are they taking me through extra steps for nothing?

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: TU 764 EQ 721 EX 768
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 17
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Since different companies handle things differently to be common or not common between the steps I couldn't really say. It may just be the person you spoke with, but once again I really do not know. 

IME I have never had this asked of me as of yet, which does not mean it can not be asked of me in the future. 

IMO I would do as they requested and submit a CR for manual review that is pulled from Equifax site. No new hard INQ being pulled that way and you still have a chance with the recon after manual review. 

Look at it in a different light (a positive one), they could have just said NO to the recon and left it at the reason of past late. Since they didn't say NO and deny your recon you still have a chance.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 13 of 17
motiv8ed2getthescoreup
Regular Contributor

You're right. I will do do what they say, and thank you for all your help!

Message 14 of 17
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

wow. they turned you down for that infintesimally small infraction, that happened such a long time ago. citi forward is harder to get than most prime cards. citi forward cards would be easier to get then lets say chase aspire, or venture capital one, but harder to get than a citi platinum select mc or discover more. it appears this card looks to begin accepting people from 720 up, where as discover more will accept those from 696 and up.

i have WAY more lates than you do (most recent dec 07), and haven't been turned down at all, other than for mistakes on my application or on my credit profile. then again, i have never attempted to apply for cards that i knew i couldn't pass, (though i have come very close to doing so)

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 15 of 17
motiv8ed2getthescoreup
Regular Contributor

What all have you applied for? Just wondering, this was an attempt to open better cards so I could get rid of my starter cards

Message 16 of 17
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

go to creditcards.com cardmatch. they soft pull transunion and you can get an accurate idea of all the cards that you will most likely be approved for.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.