Did you mean: 

70 point drop on my usaa ex

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Re: 70 point drop on my usaa ex

@scarzy,

also scarzy, what do i tell my attorney when i do call him,

i'm going to see if i can just fax my discharge paper and hope that works, if not

then i'm also b calling my attorney (but i dont have any money, damn).lol

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 21 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

The attorney fees will depend on your attorney. Different attorneys have different fee structures. Your attorney will most likely charge you a consultation fee plus whatever fee it costs for him to draft and mail a legal letter.

It's best you call and try to get this resolved on your own without involving an attorney. It will be frustrating, but you can most likely get this resolved on your own without having to spend an extra penny.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 22 of 31
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

BK510, my agreement with my attorney clearly stated what services would be extra. Some attorneys may consider writing a letter part of the BK service, mine would charge.

Anyway, as I said, this would be a last resort for me. It was worth the effort of phone calls and faxes for me to just get these off my report. They should be off my reports before my CMRR letter even gets to Midland (I already faxed the letter a few times today, the mailed one was 'just in case.')
Message 23 of 31
scarzy
Regular Contributor

From what I understood from my attorney is that if I had any problems with my credit report after the bk, I can call them and they will handle it at no additonal charge. They probably will write a letter.

They should not charge you if it pertains to your bk case, but just ask them. I contacted the lawyer's office, and they want a copy of my credit report. Let's see what happens.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 24 of 31
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

@Anonymous

hey lex, i need to no this.....

Do you think it will be a good idea to send midland funding  a copy of my discharged paper?

and discharged paper is the only i have in my posession.

is there something more i should have had in my posession as far as documents go, just in case i have to prove anything to any1.

and am i suppose to hit up my bk attorney and ask HIM for a copy of my bk paper?

OMG why are you being so tentative about this? Call them immediately, let them know they have made a terrible mistake and attempting to illegally collect a debt that has been discharged! Tell them they have 7 days to remove otherwise, you will sue them and win! Once you hang up, followup with faxes, you can do this fo free. File disputes online with any CRA they reported to. There is no basis to collect and no debt. Expect a quick resolution. 

You have them by the balls, you are completely uphill. Why would you even consider burying your head in the sand? They can't get a dime from you and they have plenty to loose! Attack them and hit hard. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 25 of 31
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

UPDATE: I know there are a few of you as worried as I have been so I've tried to update the couple of threads on this so you all know:

My two Midland accounts are OFF Experian as of tonite. Still on EQ and TU, but they are slower, so all should be gone soon.

Hope you all sleep a little better tonite.
Message 26 of 31
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I'm glad that all is working out for you. Any AA taken against you from any of your card?
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 27 of 31
bk510
Valued Contributor

@shols44,

LOL, yea u r right absolutely...

thank u for the confidence boost, 44

i appreciated!!!!

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 28 of 31
bk510
Valued Contributor

@pennies,

i'm happy for u....pennies

Message 29 of 31
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Thanks BK510. You are calling on Monday, right?
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.