Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70 point drop on my usaa ex

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

70 point drop on my usaa ex

last night, i loggin to usaa ccmp daily pull and ex shows drop of 581 from 649.

Eq also droped to 638 from 649

Trans at 638 (trans never have changed)

i understand that lot of people have adviced dont take 2 much into the fako's but.....good lord, freakin damn near 70 points?

somethin has 2 b goin on (but the truth is i am too scared to look at my report) LOL.

i rather play this game really without knowing my score. i find it more fun and exciting to get approved when not expecting.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: 70 point drop on my usaa ex

Mine tanked about the same on USAA yesterday, looked through and found 2 new collections that shouldn't be there. This morning, they showed up on EQ. I'm expecting TU will show them in a few days. I spent most of today on the phone and writing faxes and letters and going to the PO.

I would go back and look. Must be something pretty big to cause a score drop that much - even a Fako.
Message 2 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

last night, i loggin to usaa ccmp daily pull and ex shows drop of 581 from 649.

Eq also droped to 638 from 649

Trans at 638 (trans never have changed)

i understand that lot of people have adviced dont take 2 much into the fako's but.....good lord, freakin damn near 70 points?

somethin has 2 b goin on (but the truth is i am too scared to look at my report) LOL.

i rather play this game really without knowing my score. i find it more fun and exciting to get approved when not expecting.

IMHO I would be trying to find out why so as not to be fixing it for the next year.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 31
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Don't stick your head in the sand. Address the problem now. 

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 5 of 31
john398
Senior Contributor

Look  at the alert page, there should be something there with that big of drop.....good luck

Message 6 of 31
bk510
Valued Contributor

@monkeybelly,

yea i see 5 midland funding frim san diego, ca.....i'm sure these guys are collection folks.

i filed for bk7 3/12 and got it discharged 6/12.

i am quite sure that i have included every creditor that i owe in bk7.

so y r they messing with me?

i'm scared to call or even answer the freakin phone.

if i ever answer thier phone call, am i obligated to anything to them?

frankly, i just wanna move on without them, like i said all the creditors were iib, so y r they messing with me.

i tell u what, how ever it goes, they r not getting a freakin dime from me.

is this the wrong approch to handling this collection issues?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 7 of 31
bk510
Valued Contributor

@john,

tea john, i do see the midland funding from san diego.

what should i tell them?

i included all the creditors when i filed for bk7 last june.

the longer i avoid them, is it going to hurt me and if so, what particular way or ways john?

can i stilli mprove my score with the midland funding showing?

i believe time is on my side so i like to think that i dont care about the midland funding showing.

Is this the wrong idea or approch, or whatever.......

oh good lord,

Message 8 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's very likely they are not aware of your bk filing and the debt was sold to them. The OC should be on your CR's. if its one that was IIB - contact them and they may want the case number. Make sure you check your bk papers to make sure they were included.
Message 9 of 31
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

This is the 3rd poster (I'm including myself) who has had Midland collections dumped on their reports post-BK since yesterday. They most likely DO know about the BK, they were very aware of mine. Took me pretty much all day to get through to someone who didn't transfer my call to lines that no one answered, but mine are being removed ASAP. Maybe it helped that I also sent them a few demanding fax letters today and they caught up with my file when I called the last time.

Don't be afraid, get on the phone, be strong, and insist that the accounts be removed. If they try to transfer you, keep calling.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.