Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 Club ! + Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

700 Club ! + Question

Equifax finally caught up with the other two and I'm officially a member of the 700 Club.... finally !! Smiley Happy  I'm thrilled, but I have a question for you experts....  I would love to add just one "quality" card to my others, something with a pretty decent limit.  I haven't tried any of the pre-qualify links yet, didn't want to until my scores were at least decent, so I don't know which one to apply for..??  What are my odds with low 700's across the board ??   Any insight and suggestions would be greatly appreciated !  And a huge thank you for all the tips I've already received from this community !!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Ellifino
New Contributor

Re: 700 Club ! + Question

Welcome to the club!!  What cards do you have currently?  Any prime so far?  And what's your length of revolving credit?

Fico Scores: EQ 742 (8/2014), TU 732 (8/2014), EX 731 (8/2014)
Starting Scores: EQ 593 (12/2011)
Goal Score: 750 on all three
My Wallet: Amex BCP $2000 / Chase Freedom $1000 / Chase Slate $2000 / AAFP Bank of America Cash Rewards $1000 / Capital One: $3300 / Amazon Store Card: $1100 / Target: $800 / Walmart: $850 / PayPal SmartConnect: $500
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing prime yet, that's why I'm inquiring...  just the usual Walmart, Amazon, Cap One... etc... Smiley Happy  I have two low limit Visa's.  I would just like to have ONE decent limit card in my wallet, that's why i'm looking for suggestions !  Thanks !

Message 3 of 15
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing prime yet, that's why I'm inquiring...  just the usual Walmart, Amazon, Cap One... etc... Smiley Happy  I have two low limit Visa's.  I would just like to have ONE decent limit card in my wallet, that's why i'm looking for suggestions !  Thanks !

First of all what kind of rewards structure are you looking to get? Miles/UR/Points or Cashback?

To give an idea of a few I currently have/had - Barclays Rewards MC - Sallie Mae (SM is a little more difficult from what I gather) - Citi Double Cash - Amex BCE - Discover IT - Chase Freedom - and the list goes on. But, it all depends on what you consider prime (no AF plus rewards or is a small AF worth it to you for a decent limit)?

Regardless best of luck in your finding the right card Smiley Happy On a side note when was your last inq on reports? and how many - as some lenders tend to be INQ and possibly new account sensitive while others aren't as much.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico 700 is where all the action takes place.

Fico 600 are. Hungover from partying in the 700s.

Fico 800 are uptight and worried about dropping into 700s.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty funny

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for Amex Cash or Everyday.  I just got a 20k everyday line approved but I have a 793 score with high income.  Someone in the approval forum just got a high approval for Everyday with no credit score but relatively high income.  Might be worth trying.  Not to mention no AF, and very good customer services when you need to despute stuff, warranty, and auto insurance on rentals.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This little piggy had roast beef.

This little piggy went to market.
This little piggy stayed home.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick replies !  I'm not really picky about rewards, I just would like one card with a decent spending limit !  Of course I'd prefer no AF.  To answer some questions, my income is not great, but pretty solid/guaranteed.  My last inquires (2) are recent, I applied and got instant approval for Walmart and Amazon, the only two store cards I really wanted Smiley Happy !   But total inquires are around 5/6 range....   and I don't want to go on an app spree, I just want to pick one good card and got with it !  Thanks again !!

Message 9 of 15
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's an interesting way to put it. I'm in the 800 club and stress over everything credit related therfore I am in no position to argue.

As to the original question.... The inq's look a little high. Whatever the limits are on your current cards is the ballpark you should expect on a new card. Rarely will you luck up on an outlier CL. However, If you are to be so lucky, it would likely come from a co-branded Visa/MC (i.e. Hilton, United Airlines).

After reading these boards for a few years, a popular route to take is with AE. Get a card and after 90 days ask for 3x the original limit. I will add that I think AE is beginning to pull back on the auto CL increases due to abuse. IMHO. YMMV.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.