Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 + Collection = Decline?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

700 + Collection = Decline?

My Efax finally popped over 700 (708) but stupid Midland had maliciously added a 'recent' collection with a recent 120 day late to it as their reply to my DV of the same account (which the OC determined was not mine).  It looks like a protracted fight to get this off, so I am wondering if anyone thinks I have a shot with the score alone (good accounts, long credit) that I will get applied or will be turned down to to the 120day/Collection?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 700 + Collection = Decline?

nyccc2 wrote:
My Efax finally popped over 700 (708) but stupid Midland had maliciously added a 'recent' collection with a recent 120 day late to it as their reply to my DV of the same account (which the OC determined was not mine).  It looks like a protracted fight to get this off, so I am wondering if anyone thinks I have a shot with the score alone (good accounts, long credit) that I will get applied or will be turned down to to the 120day/Collection?

Which creditor/CCC are you asking about?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure, mostly in general.

Some cards I had planned on applying for when I hit 700 and/or Midland went bye bye;

Amazon Chase
Target Visa
Barney's Cards
PayPal Visa
Message 3 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Target and Paypal you would probably be fine.
My bet though is Chase would decline, you might be able to recon.

Now credit lines I think WILL be hurt by this recent late.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

is the collection reporting on all credit reports?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well here is the thing; it WASN'T reporting to all three, just Exp and TU.  TU was pretty clean with one other unpaid I was disputing, and Efax was really nice with just a 6 3/4 year old CO.  So my plan was to start apping in May once the AU reported and I topped 700 with no open baddies.

I DV'd Midland and Household, Household removed from Exp and TU, Midland ignored me and ADDED me to Midland. So now I am stuck with it on all three.

Not sure what the heck Household is doing, they sounded great at first saying they'd buy it back, but I've been faxing, calling, driving myself mad telling the story over and over and over.  The last person asked me to explain, I said please just use the reference # YOU provided me on the letter you SENT me with the phone # YOU provided. Well reference #s are meaningless.  So the last person who asked, I said listen I'd be happy to explain but if I tell the story one more times my brains are going to leak out my ears and then getting the tradeline removed will be a moot point now won't it.  I think they are doing nothing.

Last person said 'oh yes the account we investigated that said we showed was yours and we are updating?' I said no, the one you investigated that showed was NOT mine and were removing (did remove) dated less then 4 weeks aqo.  Oh.  Can you fax that? I DID.  Several times. Several #s.  Not sure why I need to spend $25 to fax you a letter YOU wrote. On and on and on...

So far I have re-sent it to the three CRAs AGAIN, demanding the removal if all they did was get Midland to confirm my name/ss#.  Efax told me point blank they never ask for documentation like SIGNED CONTRACTS and STATEMENTS.  I pointed out that FCRA law demands they VERIFY the INFORMATION provided is correct if it has been disputed, especially if I have proof the OC says NOT MINE and that does not mean verifying some slimey CA has my name and ss#.  Pretty sure it won't do anything.
Message 6 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I feel your pain. Midland are scum sucking bottom feeders.

With a 700+ with a new collection reporting, you might still have a shot at getting some decent TLs, but I would be worried about AA from existing ones like Amex, if you have one.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 13
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

nycc2 i used to have midland in my cr,and i disputed them several times,and they are gone without sending any letters to them or to any CRA at all .
Also i did the same steps for my wife,and my brother and they are gone too without any stress .
Anyway i do not want you to get frustrating just keep dispute them ,and see what's the outcome .
GOOD LUCK .
Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

nyccc, even if you can get a card with the bogus new collection, it won't come with as good terms as you would get with it gone. IMO, it's worth waiting until you kill off Midland once and for all. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat you're in and the only CC company that turned me down so far is Discover and Chase. A few weeks ago I just got a best buy store card with a $1800 cl this week I went on they're site hit the luv botton and got a $1000 CLI. But Amex won't give me a CLI because of it.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.