Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

710 Declined :/

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

710 Declined :/

so friday I got a score alert and lord and behold my equifax went up to 710, checked transunion but my balances on my cards had not updated yet so my score was still the same 610 (went down after my toyota lease). Decided to try for Discover since they mostly pull equifax and this was my strongest score....declined...called to recon and they said they could not do it, to try in 45 days. Had the itch so I tried apple barclays....declined aswell... wow. speecheless at this point. Will my 710 go back to 600's after these two inquiries??? btw my only cards are capital one 300 and boa secure 400. really hope it does not go below 700 what do you guys think.

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: 710 Declined :/

@TwinGirls19 wrote:

so friday I got a score alert and lord and behold my equifax went up to 710, checked transunion but my balances on my cards had not updated yet so my score was still the same 610 (went down after my toyota lease). Decided to try for Discover since they mostly pull equifax and this was my strongest score....declined...called to recon and they said they could not do it, to try in 45 days. Had the itch so I tried apple barclays....declined aswell... wow. speecheless at this point. Will my 710 go back to 600's after these two inquiries??? btw my only cards are capital one 300 and boa secure 400. really hope it does not go below 700 what do you guys think.

You really should recon the Barclays denial.

Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)

How long have you had the 2 cards you currently have?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 21
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

They just need to put in fine print, after the app: "you're going to call us anyways...."

Message 3 of 21
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

What was the reason for the Discover denial?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

AFAIK, Barclays pulls TU. What is your overall credit profile look like? Baddies? util? Inq's?  A 610 credit score IMO is too low for Discover. Did they tell you the reason for the denial?

Did  you try to recon Barclays?

Message 5 of 21
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Kinda in the same boat here as far as wanting to app for a couple cards but I am forcing myself to wait for all cards to report.  Its hard to wait but with the stories others here are relaying, its definitely worth it.

I would take the others advice and call Barclay's and try to get them to reconsider.  Maybe explain what you explained here? 

Good luck.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 6 of 21
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i know discover does use the fico since my dad just got their card. 

how did your score drop too 610? or is it 710? since your lease just reported a reason could be loan balances to loan amount too high. 

i got a car in august (toyota) and paid about 10% when i apped amex in jan. i was declined with a 726 ex fico. 

2 inq's would not drop your score 100 points though no matter how you look at it. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

They just need to put in fine print, after the app: "you're going to call us anyways...."

Lol yes they should because we definitely will call!!!!

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 21
paulbrapp
New Contributor

I would say since you have such low limits discover decided to pull TU aswell. They probably made there decision based off the lower scored report. Same thing happened to me
Message 9 of 21
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

i know discover does use the fico since my dad just got their card. 

how did your score drop too 610? or is it 710? since your lease just reported a reason could be loan balances to loan amount too high. 

i got a car in august (toyota) and paid about 10% when i apped amex in jan. i was declined with a 726 ex fico. 

2 inq's would not drop your score 100 points though no matter how you look at it. 

*****My equifax is 710 (got the score alert on friday), i purchased my trans union but its still the same score 610 i guess they take a couple of days more than equifax to upgrade their system. The reason Discover denied me was because they said the student loans are deffered but "it still looks like you havent began to pay them", they also said i have a couple of inquiries (though i have no collections), it also still shows my utilization is high which is weird because i only have a balance of 7 dollars on two cards totalin 700cli. (this base on the fico report i view on friday when i got the score alert.) I've had the two cards for about 7-8 months. I will definitely try to recon the barclays thanks for the number. uggghh lol. do you guys think these two inquiries will bring be from a 710 to 600's?  
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.