Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

711 score...which 0% cc will approve?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

711 score...which 0% cc will approve?

I have a client that is trying to find a good 0% balance transfer credit card to transfer a few thousand.  She doesn't make a ton of money, but has a 711 score.  Any ideas on what cards are more lenient in approving or what scores different cards are requiring nowadays?  I'm thinking Capital One, National City or maybe Citi could approve her......
Message Edited by lovebroker on 05-08-2009 11:25 AM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 711 score...which 0% cc will approve?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a client that is trying to find a good 0% balance transfer credit card to transfer a few thousand.  She doesn't make a ton of money, but has a 711 score.  Any ideas on what cards are more lenient in approving or what scores different cards are requiring nowadays?  I'm thinking Capital One, National City or maybe Citi could approve her......
Message Edited by lovebroker on 05-08-2009 11:25 AM

711 as the score seem pretty decent. Probably will qualify for all of those you just mentioned. As for CL they will give is another story. Oh...i almost forgot...go to the preapproval sites to see if they are offered anything first.

Go here------click

Good Luck

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the benefit of going to the "preapproval site" that you mentioned?  That still runs their credit but doesn't tell you CL or if they are offering 0% on balance transfers, correct?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What is the benefit of going to the "preapproval site" that you mentioned?  That still runs their credit but doesn't tell you CL or if they are offering 0% on balance transfers, correct?

It doesn't do a hard pull on the credit, just a soft inquiry.  Meaning no one other than you will be able to see that they even looked for preapproval

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't do a hard pull on the credit, just a soft inquiry.  Meaning no one other than you will be able to see that they even looked for preapproval

WELL SAID....Smiley Wink NO HARD PULLS ARE GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a 711 score Discover would approve...but we're missing a lot of  information here...711 score on which credit report and what else is on that report??  What are her other credit reports like?  Different credit card companies pull different credit reports and they all have their own requirements as to number of new accounts, inquiries, derogatory info, etc.

It would be almost impossible to answer your question without more information.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with VIV on this one. I app Discover More with 0%APR and 0%BT until 4/2010. CL $5000

5/9/09

EX.......no clue

EQ......714

TU.......725

FICO

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Susyquk,

If you are preapproved do they then do a hard pull to approve you? 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Susyquk,

If you are preapproved do they then do a hard pull to approve you? 

Yes.  But only after you apply to actually open the card.

Your preapproval will show you which cards you have the option of applying for.  If none of them suit you and you don't want to apply then no hard pull will show up on your credit report.  If you decide that you do want to apply for one of them then you can apply online and, as per any other credit card application, they will then do your credit check with a hard pull

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any other companys that do cc preapprovals with only soft, besides this BankOfAmerica..Im going to need to see if I also can get a higher cli($5000 or more) with a 0% for atleast 6 months...
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.