cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

711 score...which 0% cc will approve?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: 711 score...which 0% cc will approve?

American has a soft pull page but I do not know how seriously anyone should take their offers.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So whats the chance of getting pre approved for a card, then denied once you apply for it...
Message 12 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So whats the chance of getting pre approved for a card, then denied once you apply for it...

My 18 yo daughter was preapproved and got the Clear from Amex. 2K limit using my income as HHI. She works part time. She was/is AU on a few of my cards. EQ FICO 710. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Are there any other companys that do cc preapprovals with only soft, besides this BankOfAmerica..Im going to need to see if I also can get a higher cli($5000 or more) with a 0% for atleast 6 months...

Ask and you shall receive, this is the Capital One prequalify yourself ------> Go here

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a capital one that I recently closed without knowing it would drop my credit score by a few points. I closed the account because of the high interest rate of almost 30%. If I were to reopen the card would my age be the same as the old card I had with them that was opened in 2005?
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a capital one that I recently closed without knowing it would drop my credit score by a few points. I closed the account because of the high interest rate of almost 30%. If I were to reopen the card would my age be the same as the old card I had with them that was opened in 2005?

Well if too much time hasn't past and it's still on file you shouldn't have a problem reactivating an old card, but don't let to much time pass because some companies purge you from the files if an account gets to old. But 2005 may be pushing it, just call them and see if they still have that card on file and ask them if they can reactivate it, you don't know unless you try.Smiley Wink You'll do fine.....Oh and as for that interest rate 30% Crap One you should be ashamed of yourself.Smiley Mad

Message Edited by 74king on 05-10-2009 09:52 AM
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering w/ these preapproval sites (soft pulls), if you lose points....anyone know how many?  Does it show up on the credit report or do you get a letter if you are approved or denied? 

Good news.....my client called her current Citi card that does have interest on new purchases, but was able to get 0% checks from them to use!  We also found out that she could use one card against another (balance transfer) to get a lower rate 2.9% for 12 or 15 months or a 0% for 6 months.

Yayyy  

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering w/ these preapproval sites (soft pulls), if you lose points....anyone know how many?  Does it show up on the credit report or do you get a letter if you are approved or denied? 

Good news.....my client called her current Citi card that does have interest on new purchases, but was able to get 0% checks from them to use!  We also found out that she could use one card against another (balance transfer) to get a lower rate 2.9% for 12 or 15 months or a 0% for 6 months.

Yayyy  

Just soft-pulls only as far as i know of. Never had any preapproval or prequalify come up as a Hard-pull. You should be ok.Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.