Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

727 EXPERIAN SCORE DENIED ON AMEX

tag
dp321
Regular Contributor

Re: 727 EXPERIAN SCORE DENIED ON AMEX

@flipdc wrote:

Ok so i went to look on the letter discover sent me. I found out that EQ is the fico score they used to approved me thru discover. The score thru EX of 727 was not good enough because of my short credit history. Ill wait 6 months to apply to get the amex. maybe that would be sufficient enough to get approved.

That's nice. Look at the up side, you will get your Experian FICO score from AMEX in your denial letter.

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 23
MagicShot
Contributor

Do you get your score if you were denined for any reason or if the reason was related to your score?

I apped for citi card and I didnt get a credit score from they. but the reason was recent INQ's

Message 22 of 23
dp321
Regular Contributor

See this

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2011/07/riskbased.shtm

The Fed stipulated that you are provided with a credit score if one is used for adjusting your credit terms or your denial. This went into effect on July 21st. So there is two possibility, one is that Citi didn't use a credit score to determine your app decision, not even a proprietary one; the other is that you might app before 21st of July. 

I apped for Citi card just a week before July 21st and while I got the risk pricing notice, I didn't see a credit score on mine, so I can't tell you for sure if Citi uses a credit score or not. 

Also from my experiece from recent apps, AMEX gave me an Experian FICO and Chase gave me a proprietary (probably in house) score.

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.