Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

74 point increase by Ex in 5 weeks?

tag
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

74 point increase by Ex in 5 weeks?

I signed up for Experian's credit monitoring (whatever they call it this week) system about 18 months ago. I was cruising along with 4 cards and no real change to my CR. I recently opened 4 new accounts, Walmart, Amazon, Cabelas and Macy's. Within the past 5 weeks my score has gone up 74 points on Ex. Is that normal? I intend to garden for a while since this is probably going to screw up my AAoA but i'm getting closer to my low 700's goal.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 74 point increase by Ex in 5 weeks?

It's a FAKO, but still that's a heck of an increase.  Was this your first revolving accounts?   Anyway,  wow!  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

That score isnt a FICO since EX blocked consumer access to their scores, your score may have increased some, but I wouldn't depend on that score solely.
Message 3 of 9
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

30 percent of your credit score is determined by revolving utilization. Having 4 new cards may have dropped your utilization significantly, giving you the boost.

Message 4 of 9
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

I would have to say that's it, utilization. Going to have to resist the urge to go on an app spree and stay in the garden for a while :-)

Message 5 of 9
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Don't get too happy since it's a FAKO score, but expect some increase.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 6 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Even though it is an EX FAKO score, it does indicate TRENDS, as most scoring does, whether real or fake.  You're trending upward, and that's a good thing.  Have you checked your scores here, the TU and EQ scores as well, to see if there is a corresponding increase with those scores?   Even though we usually take a minor ding for new accounts (usually 5 pt ding per account), like others have said, the utilization is very important.  Depending on your CL on the cards, that could be significant. 

Message 7 of 9
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Walmart-$1000, Amazon-$1500, Cabelas-$1500 and Macy's-$300. Only touched the Amazon and the Cabelas for minimal amounts since I got them. Yes my utilization went way down.

Message 8 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice increase but as others have said it's a FAKO. My EX FAKO is 87 points higher than my FICO

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.