cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

765 - 799 score but no credit history

tag
blakeem

Re: 765 - 799 score but no credit history

I called and talked with Chase and what they told me is that I'm already an authorized user on the account and they report the history however the credit agencies choose not to display it as my history because I still have no liability on the card or control to change the credit limit or close the account. They told me there is nothing that can be done besides opening my own account.

I think the only thing I can do is try to get a secured credit card and maybe go though a credit union. I don't seem to have any other options.

Message 41 of 57
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I am still unclear as to why you think it's not reporting. Based in your screenshot it is reporting since 04/02. The issue I think is you do not not have credit in your name and a lease has stricter requirements for approval.
Message 42 of 57
blakeem

My credit report shows no payment history. Chase said they report the history and it's up to the credit bureau to report it or not.
This means although it says I have the card it doesn't show my history of payments on it.

At least this is what I assume from what they told me.

Message 43 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@blakeem wrote:

My credit report shows no payment history. Chase said they report the history and it's up to the credit bureau to report it or not.
This means although it says I have the card it doesn't show my history of payments on it.

that's such BS... credit reporting agencies are simply that reporting what is sent to them... they don't choose not to report things sent to them.  I have not read this thread so I don't know about the screen shot and maybe I'll go back and read but just based on the statement chase reports but agency has chosen to not report is simply not true.

Message 44 of 57
blakeem

I ran detailed reports on all 3 and it seems that the history is being reported on all but Equifax is coming up empty.
Chase said they are reporting to Equifax so I may need to contact them about it.

Here are the details for the other two.

Experian

OK Current/Terms of agreement met
30 Account 30 days past due
60 Account 60 days past due
90 Account 90 days past due
120 Account 120 days past due
150 Account 150 days past due
180 Account 180 days past due
CRD Creditor received deed
FS Foreclosure proceedings started
F Foreclosed
VS Voluntarily surrendered
R Repossession
PBC Paid by creditor
IC Insurance claim
G Claim filed w ith government
D Defaulted on contract
C Collection
CO Charge off
CLS Closed
ND No data for this time period
Payment history legend
AUG
OK
JUL
OK
JUN
OK
MAY
OK
APR
OK
MAR
OK
FEB
OK
JAN
OK
DEC
OK
NOV
OK
OCT
OK
SEP
OK
AUG
OK
JUL
OK
JUN
OK
MAY
OK
APR
OK
MAR
OK
FEB
OK
JAN
OK
DEC
OK
NOV
OK
OCT
OK
SEP
OK
AUG
OK
JUL
OK
JUN
OK
MAY
OK
APR
OK
MAR
OK
FEB
OK
JAN
OK
DEC
OK
NOV
OK
OCT
OK
SEP
OK
AUG
OK
JUL
OK
JUN
OK
MAY
OK
APR
OK
MAR
OK
FEB
OK
JAN
OK
DEC
OK
NOV
OK
OCT
OK
SEP
OK
AUG
OK
JUL
OK
JUN
OK
MAY
OK
APR
OK
MAR
OK
FEB
OK
JAN
OK
DEC
OK
NOV
OK
OCT
OK
SEP
OK
AUG
OK
JUL
OK
JUN
OK
MAY
OK
APR
OK
MAR
OK
FEB
OK
JAN
OK
DEC
OK
NOV
OK
OCT
OK
SEP
OK
AUG
OK
JUL
OK
JUN
OK
MAY
OK
APR
OK
MAR
OK
FEB
OK
JAN
OK
DEC
OK
NOV
OK
OCT
OK
SEP
OK

CHASE BANK USA

Date Opened:
04/2002
Reported Since:
05/2006
Date of Status:
08/2013
Last Reported:
08/2013
Type:
Credit Card
Terms:
NA
Monthly Payment:
$25
Responsibility:
Authorized user
Credit Limit/Original Amount:
$13,000
High Balance:
$7,288
Recent Balance:
$1,286 as of 08/2013
Recent Payment:
$2,276
Payment History:
Balance History - The following data will appear in the following format:
account balance / date payment received / scheduled payment amount / actual amount paid
Jul 2013: $2,276 / July 2, 2013 / $25 / $2,254
Jun 2013: $2,266 / June 2, 2013 / $25 / $1,661
May 2013: $1,772 / May 2, 2013 / $25 / $2,941
Apr 2013: $3,001 / April 2, 2013 / $30 / $2,080
Mar 2013: $2,084 / March 1, 2013 / $25 / $839
Feb 2013: $839 / February 1, 2013 / $25 / $903
Jan 2013: $903 / January 2, 2013 / $25 / $2,738
Dec 2012: $2,805 / December 2, 2012 / $28 / $1,807
Nov 2012: $2,038 / November 2, 2012 / $25 / $2,081
Oct 2012: $2,081 / October 2, 2012 / $25 / $1,620
Sep 2012: $1,856 / September 2, 2012 / $25 / $1,757
Aug 2012: $1,886 / August 2, 2012 / $25 / $1,373
Jul 2012: $1,391 / July 2, 2012 / $25 / $1,899
Jun 2012: $1,961 / June 1, 2012 / $25 / $2,071
May 2012: $2,132 / May 2, 2012 / $25 / $2,607
Apr 2012: $2,607 / April 2, 2012 / $26 / $1,859
Mar 2012: $1,926 / March 2, 2012 / $25 / $959
Feb 2012: $959 / February 2, 2012 / $25 / $2,086
Jan 2012: $2,187 / January 2, 2012 / $25 / $2,371
Dec 2011: $2,529 / December 2, 2011 / $25 / $3,037
Nov 2011: $3,141 / November 2, 2011 / $31 / $2,036
Oct 2011: $2,036 / October 2, 2011 / $25 / $1,434
Sep 2011: $1,444 / September 2, 2011 / $25 / $2,209
Betw een Nov 2011 and Jul 2013, your credit limit/high balance
w as $13,000
Betw een Sep 2011 and Oct 2011, your credit limit/high balance
w as $0

It then lists out the credit checks that I did with Honda, Chase, and the recent rentals.

The TransUnion one is as follows, it also lists the same history as above all marked as "ok" so I'm skipping that part.

CHASE/BANK ONE CARD
Date Opened: 0 4 /2 2 /2 0 0 2
Responsibility: A uthorized A c c ount
Account Type: Revolving A c c ount
Date Updated: 0 9 /0 6 /2 0 1 3
Payment Received: $ 1 ,2 7 6
Last Payment Made: 0 9 /0 2 /2 0 1 3
Pay Status: C urrent; P aid or P aying as
A greed
Terms: $ 2 5 per month, paid
M onthly
High Balance: High balanc e of $ 7 ,2 8 8 from 0 3 /2 0 1 1 to 0 9 /2 0 1 3
Credit Limit: C redit limit of $ 1 3 ,0 0 0 from 1 1 /2 0 1 1 to 0 9 /2 0 1 3

Message 45 of 57
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@blakeem wrote:

that's such BS... credit reporting agencies are simply that reporting what is sent to them... they don't choose not to report things sent to them.  I have not read this thread so I don't know about the screen shot and maybe I'll go back and read but just based on the statement chase reports but agency has chosen to not report is simply not true.

Okay update to my original post... It is reporting and very much does show the history. So sounds like some others have stated the same that the dealer telling you that you have no history might have been a misunderstanding that you have no accounts of your own, just this 1 AU account and for such a purchase they want to see you handle something that you are responsible for.

I would apply for a few credit cards (3) and I would skip secure unless you find yourself denied for the first 2 you apply for then I might step back and apply for secured but have you tried to apply for any credit cards before this auto lease?

I would apply for Citi Forward

Chase Freedom

Discover it

American Express Gold

Walmart Discover or PayPal Mastercard would be great options also.

Message 46 of 57
blakeem

@Creditaddict wrote:

@blakeem wrote:

I was just saying what Chase told me based on the lack of history on the reports I get back from 3rd parties running my credit.
When I ran them each myself I noticed the history is there so I'm not sure what's going on.

Message 47 of 57
blakeem

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@blakeem wrote:

Okay update to my original post... It is reporting and very much does show the history. So sounds like some others have stated the same that the dealer telling you that you have no history might have been a misunderstanding that you have no accounts of your own, just this 1 AU account and for such a purchase they want to see you handle something that you are responsible for.

I would apply for a few credit cards (3) and I would skip secure unless you find yourself denied for the first 2 you apply for then I might step back and apply for secured but have you tried to apply for any credit cards before this auto lease?

I would apply for Citi Forward

Chase Freedom

Discover it

American Express Gold

Walmart Discover or PayPal Mastercard would be great options also.

I applied for Chase Freedom and was denied. I tried to apply on the phone using information other than my credit report and was still denied. I did a budget recently and I have around $1600 left over a month after bills/food/gas/etc and I have direct deposit so perhaps this will get me in good with a credit union to get a credit card or loan. As an authorized user I've always paid it off on time. I don't want to apply for a card again only to be rejected.

I'm going to go talk to some credit unions again, I think that's my only option.

Message 48 of 57
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Your credit score is basically a BS score as it is based on one AU account.  Basically, more lenders will ignore that and treat you like you have never had credit before (which you haven't).

As such your options are:

1) Secured card: Lots of options here.  However, some don't ever convert to unsecured so you basically will need to cancel it at some point.  On the positive side, if you have the funds, you can get a higher CL which will help you get other high CL unsecured cards later.

2) Go for a beginner card which will likely have bad terms/rewards/etc.  Here you have the Capital One, Merrick Bank, First Premier, Credit One, etc. of the worlds.  Out of those, I would probably go with least egregious such as Cap One or Merrick if you have invite.  A local CU might also have a beginner card which has better terms so look around.

Once 6 months goes by, you can app for better unsecured cards and welcome yourself to the wonderful world of credit.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 49 of 57
blakeem

@Crashem wrote:

Your credit score is basically a BS score as it is based on one AU account.  Basically, more lenders will ignore that and treat you like you have never had credit before (which you haven't).

As such your options are:

1) Secured card: Lots of options here.  However, some don't ever convert to unsecured so you basically will need to cancel it at some point.  On the positive side, if you have the funds, you can get a higher CL which will help you get other high CL unsecured cards later.

2) Go for a beginner card which will likely have bad terms/rewards/etc.  Here you have the Capital One, Merrick Bank, First Premier, Credit One, etc. of the worlds.  Out of those, I would probably go with least egregious such as Cap One or Merrick if you have invite.  A local CU might also have a beginner card which has better terms so look around.

Once 6 months goes by, you can app for better unsecured cards and welcome yourself to the wonderful world of credit.

Thanks! This answers a lot. It wasn't that the credit bureau's were not reporting my history it's that the lenders weren't counting it as my history. I wish I knew this years ago.

Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.