Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 new accounts in just under six months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 8 new accounts in just under six months

Interesting thread!  I thought you weren't supposed to do too many apps at once? 

I have only one credit card - just added - no store cards or other revolving credit.  I need more, thought I needed to wait six months... I'm trying to raise my score enough to buy a house in 9-12 months.  Would you open another one now, or wait? 

I also have some baddies coming off in the next 6 months (not all of them - about half), if it matters.
Message 31 of 34
Established Contributor

IMHO..Ones credit profile should weigh heavily with to respect how many CC's can be opened in a short period of time to incur the least score drop.( in my case I chose no less than 760 FICO)

Based on my credit profile, my TU and EQ CR's, obtained here at myFICO in the section labled "FICO score ingredients" under the sub-section "Amount of new credit", went from saying "BAD to "NOT GOOD" to "GOOD" in the space of six months.

Note: Only my obsession with pulling my current FICO score frequently at myFico allowed me to trace the length of time it took to see this on my report.Smiley Happy

I have edited this post to say 6 months from the last TL opened and 8 months from the first TL opened 

Message Edited by plasticman on 08-13-2009 10:31 AM
Message Edited by plasticman on 08-13-2009 10:33 AM
Message Edited by plasticman on 08-13-2009 10:40 AM
Message 32 of 34
Established Contributor

Members: I should have said in my previous post : 6months from the last TL opened and 9 months from the first TL opened.

Sorry... I clearly do not know the calender as well as I thought!Smiley Very Happy

Therefore, as to not to misinform the members I felt compelled to post again.

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading some of the above posts I don't feel so bad about my little 5 month app spree. It started in March in preparation for anything Chase might throw at me after taking over Wamu. Ended last night...unless I see something else I just can't resist apping for!

Discover More

USBank Visa

Citibank Select MC

Victoria's Secret Angel Card

Nordstrom Visa (last night)

All done!! 

Did you directly apply for this card?

I applied in person, yes. Was shopping with my daughter and remembered all the good things I've read here about this card. Was offered choice of either the store card or Visa. Chose Visa...haven't a clue what my CL is yet though.
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.