cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$80 Instant GC with Amazon Rewards approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $80 Instant GC with Amazon Rewards approval?

@vwgrrc wrote:

Thanks all. Did a little bit search, found a thread on SlickDeal says $90, and some even higher: 

http://slickdeals.net/f/6924016-90-amazon-gift-card-when-you-apply-for-amazon-rewards-visa-card-new-...

Quote a poster who got $100:

"Here's a tip for those who aren't seeing $90-$100 off or in credits off your purchase.

Add a bunch of Amazon prime elgible items and non-eligible prime items. Once you have finished adding all the items on your cart that is a total of $100 or more,

Click on your shopping cart and it will show you a banner saying receive $100 off when you apply for the Amazon.com Rewards Card"

Slickdeals! Ya, now we are talkin my language! lol.

I don't think its the best value to sign up for this specifically for the bonus. $90 or even $100 doesnt compare to other cards (obviously u know this based on your premier, btw, awesome lineup u have there)

However since you already have prime, if you do use prime quite a bit the 5 percent year round would be great. Buuuuut you already have all these cash back cards...right now your discover probably gives you 10 percent.....and even the freedom is at 10 percent this quarter. They are pretty good about CLIs though.

My mental math here is way off....que Themanwhocan...lol.... but unless you are spending thousands of dollars a year at amazon....your scores are marginal....and you need a big limit from synchrony.... its a waste.

$90 is not a big bonus at all. In fact most folks could get $150 from the freedom. $2250+ in value from one experian inquiry for a delta/prg combo, $400 from venture or arrival plus, $200 from BOA Travel Rewards...etc etc.

Message 11 of 13
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think its the best value to sign up for this specifically for the bonus. $90 or even $100 doesnt compare to other cards (obviously u know this based on your premier, btw, awesome lineup u have there)

$90 is not a big bonus at all. In fact most folks could get $150 from the freedom. $2250+ in value from one experian inquiry for a delta/prg combo, $400 from venture or arrival plus, $200 from BOA Travel Rewards...etc etc.

Thanks all but I don't understand why serveral people said "other card give you more...". My understanding is that this $80 is free money upon approval of Amazon Rewards Visa card, even without using this card at all! So I don't think this offer is comparable to Freedom or Venture or anyother cards I need to SPEND to get the bonus. Did I missed some?

Message 12 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@vwgrrc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks all but I don't understand why serveral people said "other card give you more...". My understanding is that this $80 is free money upon approval of Amazon Rewards Visa card, even without using this card at all! So I don't think this offer is comparable to Freedom or Venture or anyother cards I need to SPEND to get the bonus. Did I missed some?

No, you did not.  Was offered 70 last January, and took it.  I JUST closed the card, and moved the limit to freedom, since Sallie Mae has that covered, and plenty of cash back from discover and freedom this quarter.  Can also use BCP at grocery store for Amazon gift cards.

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.