cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802 score AMEX approved for $2500

New Visitor

802 score AMEX approved for $2500

my fico from the mortgage lender: 796, 802, 782

 

I have around 5 credit cards, highest CL $30,000 BOA

 

I got the Costco AMEX $4000 CL for more than 7 years, AMEX never CLI or CLD me.  recently applied for SPG AMEX, approved for $2500 CL only?

 

what's wrong?

 

 

18 REPLIES
New Visitor

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500

I swiped my Costco Amex almost every month, but I ususally only charge less than $500/mo. Couple years ago I charged over $3000 to buy the air tickets and PIF it, I thought they would CLI me, but nope. The $4000 CL is like frozen. My hubby got his SPG Amex 3 years ago with $7500 initial CL. He charged around 1K in the first month and Amex immediately auto CLI him to $11500.

 

 

Epic Contributor

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500

you almost never hear of amex giving CLI without asking... it's always a soft, why would you be asking at least 1 a year, you can ask for 3x current cl

Super Contributor

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500

Amex is very different and no can understand them. I would not push too hard for CLI on Amex cards. It can lead to FR if you ask too much too soon. My advice, if you dont need additional credit, just keep using the card and let dust settle and then you go for cli after 6 months of activity on the card.

Epic Contributor

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500

 


concorduser wrote:

Amex is very different and no can understand them. I would not push too hard for CLI on Amex cards. It can lead to FR if you ask too much too soon. My advice, if you dont need additional credit, just keep using the card and let dust settle and then you go for cli after 6 months of activity on the card.


I was really referring to is 7 year old amex card that has never gotten an increase.... it's probably just sitting in the account waiting for them to request it online.  I think amex is like citi and GE, the CLI is either in your account or it's not when you apply for it.

 

New Contributor

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500

AMEX recently approved my Blue Cash application for a $6000 credit limit.  I asked the CSR why that relatively low amount when my other major CCs have $50,000 and $35,000 credit limits.  She told me it was due to my large mortgage payment and the debt-to-income ratio guidelines they use in making credit decisions.  She wouldn't give me any specific DTI criteria, of course.

Epic Contributor

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500

I think amex would really love to get rid of the credit cards and just go back to charge cards only.

New Member

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500

 

 

 

 


CrdtLrnr wrote:

AMEX recently approve my Blue Cash application for a $6000 credit limit.  I asked the CSR why that relatively low amount when my other major CCs have $50,000 and $35,000 credit limits.  She told me it was due to my large mortgage payment and the debt-to-income ratio guidelines they have in making credit decisions.  She wouldn't give me any specific DTI criteria, of course.


i see. yours is at least $6K which shall be enough to pay for a trip, but how about my $2500? I'm willing to pay for an annual fee because I wanted to get points to stay free at W hotel...but with $2500 CL....it's tough to make it work.Smiley Sad

New Member

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500


Creditaddict wrote:

 


concorduser wrote:

Amex is very different and no can understand them. I would not push too hard for CLI on Amex cards. It can lead to FR if you ask too much too soon. My advice, if you dont need additional credit, just keep using the card and let dust settle and then you go for cli after 6 months of activity on the card.


I was really referring to is 7 year old amex card that has never gotten an increase.... it's probably just sitting in the account waiting for them to request it online.  I think amex is like citi and GE, the CLI is either in your account or it's not when you apply for it.

 


 

thanks. now i know that I need to ask amex instead.Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

Re: 802 score AMEX approved for $2500

One bit.of advice.

 

You can ask for a CLI once every 6 months with Amex, but that applies to all cards you have. Once you receive a CLI, you are locked out of asking again for all cards for 6 months.