Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9.75% Fixed CC - my consumers CU

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

9.75% Fixed CC - my consumers CU

I was searching for a higher APY on checking and stumbled upon this little gem of a CU.  They offer 4% on checking and have a fixed rate Visa as well. It's hard to find many issuers that offer a fixed rate these days and though it might be of interest to someone on here Smiley Happy

https://www.myconsumers.org/en/Home.aspx

Anyone can join through the process they have in the application for joining for a $5 contribution to the co-op they setup.

Another one that looks pretty decent is www.lmcu.org same deal 4% on checking and pretty decent rates on their CC as well.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: 9.75% Fixed CC - my consumers CU

The only thing that would scare me for the 4% return is the 12 debit card transaction requirement every month. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their credit card application form scares me. It's so very bare-bones and simple, makes me feel like I'm filling out info to submit directly to the Prince of Nigeria so he can share his millions with me.

I'm sure they're legit and all, just sometimes when things look TOO simple I get a bad feeling about it,

Message 3 of 6
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

As for LMCU, I have them and LOVE them.

The 10 transactions for them are VERY easy to come by, let's just say I get 20 cents worth of gas for my car 10 times...lol.

BUT they don't lend in most of the states, so their CC is only for people in their lending area.  I am in Texas, and they don't lend here.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I have confirmed further information from Consumers CU.  They sometimes pull a CR for a new account such as checking / savings.  They use the TU score for their loan products.  According to the person I've been speaking with a score over 700 on TU will net you the lowest rate tier for most of their products.  I'm sure that UW will review for any red flags and adjust up accordingly for any blemishes.  They also stated that they will use the same CR inquiry for multiple products instead of pulling a new report for each selected product.

(((FYI - if you want to use the same CR from TU you need to call or stop in a branch.  The online verification is done through EQ and the phone apps are TU))) - 7/6/11 13:01

Message 5 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Approved for $5K Visa.  UW requested previous 2010 W2's and recent paystub.  Card is in the mail.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.