cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Big Thanks to ALL!!

tag
kidkilo

A Big Thanks to ALL!!

First of all let me thank all of you have inspired me to "take charge" of my situation! I am new to the board and have been reading and learning for the past few months, so I guess my introduction is long "overdue"!

Some background on my situation-

I have been a cash only kind of guy- using my debit card for the longest time. Credit cards were against my morals after suffering an EX-girl Crisis -<Maxing out my cards, opening cards in my name- etc.

I never filed bk or have any any derogs on my reports- I just paid them all and handled it with my lawyers. I was totally against ccc for issuing cards without the proper security checks- way back in 1993

I own 2 business and I am happily engaged, so I needed to do something about the lack of my credit situation(enter the boards)- I have no cc history at all just decent scores fico- 730tu 714ex and 720 eq.  I had 2 car loans on my reports and that was it.

So this forum  gave me the courage to break my fear of credit cards and say to myself "It's Time", now that my future wifey and I are looking to get a house within the coming years- I apped for a sunoco card first and got it! 500CL had that one for 6 months and went app crazy on Christmas Day!  Yes, it caught me- So I went for the sucker pre-approve notices and fell for it, app for a few of those and got declined. Not enough History (Why send me the **bleep** letter? I got fustrated) Wasted 3 inq....

Then I read about the Kay Jewelers as a good starter to build some revolving accts- App in Dec- got it 3000cl- then I felt confident (BIG MISTAKE) but, I went for it....

Hooters- Denied

BOA- Denied

Chase- Denied

HSBC- I paid a app fee like a fool- and they said the card is on the way

Target- Apprvd-200cl

BestBuy-Denied

Juniper- Denied

Jeez I was on a spree- I know, I know bad, bad, bad! My theory was well somebody has to say yes and before they all hit the reports- Man, I had like 10 tabs open on my browser! ( I do not suggest this foolish theory to anyone )

But then I found the RECON Threads- Oh like a kid in a candy store I was! Call BOA last week- approved on recon for 500cl, Yippie- I was so excited- I did the MYFICO ROCKS DANCE!!

So, this morning having read another members experience having to call Chase 3 times to get the recon- I said,"hey I called them last week and they said NO! Called as soon as I got home, Bingo, got the Freedom Cashback Card with a 500cl as a result of a few humble questions from the kind man on the phone! Ironic because I checked the mailbox and it was filled with 4 denials! HEE HEE

So moral of this long winded, excited story is -- without the board, I would not have had the courage to dust myself off and try again. Now that I have some nice mix to my reports I will sit back and watch them age like fine wine.. and purchase unmentionables for my wifey.. cause then it is a win win!

I know my limits are low- but I didn't expect big. I was ok with $4700 unsecured all said and done! 

Thanks to all of you who make this board possible and the great stories I have read!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: A Big Thanks to ALL!!

This place is very educational, but fun too!!

Congrats 

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It would appear that you've absorbed one of the first and fast rules around here; Never give up! You ended up with some great cards. They'll definitely grow with you, and help you get to where you need to go creditwise.

Message 3 of 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

This forum has also taught me to never give up ive been on recon with BofA for about 7 weeks now but I wont give up til they send me that card!

After reading all of the posts I raised MyFico scores more than 300 points. Its amazing what you learn

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a former lurker and a recent registrant of this forum I wonder why so many participants having problems with the big national banks continue to seek their favor.

Quite a few very large credit unions accept customers from all over the country. Their credit approval process is more forgiving and terms are most often more favorable than the big banks. I haven't read or heard of anyone here or elsewhere having credit unions CLD or springing large interest rate increases.

So why is there so little commentary and consideration of credit unions?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Benton!

Actually, there's a lot of support for credit unions here. I've frequently read (and just recommended in another thread myself) that credit unions are viable options, especially to replace large credit lines. But, the threads here move fast, so it's easy to miss. Smiley Happy

Still, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to maintain relationships with the big banks. That, and having credit with major banks is a part of the FICO calculations. Some people feel more comfortable with major banks, or loyal to them when their business has been going there for years, or the conveniece factor, or the offering a specific product that they want.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.