Reply
Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

A CAP1 First!!!

Ok, so I know some of you guys are following the Cap1 threads. If you have you know that I got a call back from the Exec office last week concerning my call to them this past July. They surprised me with the call, as I thought the CLI denial in July was the last I was gonna hear from them. SO, you can imagine my shock today when they call back to tell my they have processed my CLI and its APPROVED -PENDING!!! You guys will NEVER guess what the PENDING part is about.....CAP1 is actually doing the equivalent of an AMEX F/R to me. They are Requesting last years bank statements, Current pay stubs and Bank statements! I couldn't believe it. I've never heard of CAP1 requesting this sort of info from card holders. Of coarse, it is at any banks discretion to do so, but I mean come on....CAP1, never heard of them doing it....how about you guys? IM really not against it because I can prove all of what I claimed, Income, current employment, assets, etc etc. Heck I even claimed less income than what I actually make when Cap1 asked for it last week. It just really threw me for a loop, coming way out of left field.lol. So I want to ask you guys something. Would YOU submit all this info to Cap1 for a CLI? Like I said, I am not against it, its just a headache and ALOT of paper work that's gonna have to be retrieved and faxed and so on and so forth. I am just trying to decide if it is worth it or not? You guys help me out here? Throw me all your opinions and what you would do in this situation!



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!

That sounds shady for a CLI...I've never had anyone ask me to show proof of income for any credit card or CLI...

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!


gettnthere wrote:

Ok, so I know some of you guys are following the Cap1 threads. If you have you know that I got a call back from the Exec office last week concerning my call to them this past July. They surprised me with the call, as I thought the CLI denial in July was the last I was gonna hear from them. SO, you can imagine my shock today when they call back to tell my they have processed my CLI and its APPROVED -PENDING!!! You guys will NEVER guess what the PENDING part is about.....CAP1 is actually doing the equivalent of an AMEX F/R to me. They are Requesting last years bank statements, Current pay stubs and Bank statements! I couldn't believe it. I've never heard of CAP1 requesting this sort of info from card holders. Of coarse, it is at any banks discretion to do so, but I mean come on....CAP1, never heard of them doing it....how about you guys? IM really not against it because I can prove all of what I claimed, Income, current employment, assets, etc etc. Heck I even claimed less income than what I actually make when Cap1 asked for it last week. It just really threw me for a loop, coming way out of left field.lol. So I want to ask you guys something. Would YOU submit all this info to Cap1 for a CLI? Like I said, I am not against it, its just a headache and ALOT of paper work that's gonna have to be retrieved and faxed and so on and so forth. I am just trying to decide if it is worth it or not? You guys help me out here? Throw me all your opinions and what you would do in this situation!


They can take their sub-prime plastic and put it where the sun don't shine if they ever asked me for any of that!! :smileyvery-happy:

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!

[ Edited ]

It is indeed VERY strange. I have actually now been put into direct contact with the Senior U/W team and been given their direct fax # to send documents to. The Exec Office Rep said that between the U/W's and me, we should be able to handle it now. But if I THOUGHT something was taking too long or something didn't sound right to me, she wanted me to give her a call back at her office so she could step back in and act on MY behalf, but she did not foresee us having a problem bc I "seemed" like a nice person and the senior U/W team is a "joy" to work with. The rep honestly acted like she would "defend" me if I had ANY (she kept emphasizing that word lol) problems. I can honestly say IM dumbfounded and speechless at these recent events.



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!


gettnthere wrote:

It is indeed VERY strange. I have actually now been put into direct contact with the Senior U/W team and been given their direct fax # to send documents to. The Exec Office Rep said that between the U/W's and me, we should be able to handle it now. But if I THOUGHT something was taking too long or something didnt sound right to me, she wanted me to give her a call back at her office so she could step back in and act on MY behalf, but she did not foresee us having a problem bc I "seemed" like a nice person and the senior U/W team is a "joy" to work with. The rep honestly acted like she would "defend" me if i had ANY (she kept emphasizing that word lol) problems. I can honestly say im dumbfounded and speechless at these recent events.


IMO it isn't worth it, but this is your account and it all depends on how you personally feel about it. I would take it as an insult if a creditor asked me for such things with my current payment history and other accounts in good standing.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!

Tell Cap1 to kick rocks! LOL.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Established Contributor
migliogiorni
Posts: 657
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!

Burn the card.

 

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12
Posts: 1,954
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!

This is really not much different than American Express and people tolerate that. At least they only want statements and pay stubs. Any lender would have reason to ask for this information if they are not sure that you have the cash flow to pay off the increase.

Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!


LS2982 wrote:

gettnthere wrote:

Ok, so I know some of you guys are following the Cap1 threads. If you have you know that I got a call back from the Exec office last week concerning my call to them this past July. They surprised me with the call, as I thought the CLI denial in July was the last I was gonna hear from them. SO, you can imagine my shock today when they call back to tell my they have processed my CLI and its APPROVED -PENDING!!! You guys will NEVER guess what the PENDING part is about.....CAP1 is actually doing the equivalent of an AMEX F/R to me. They are Requesting last years bank statements, Current pay stubs and Bank statements! I couldn't believe it. I've never heard of CAP1 requesting this sort of info from card holders. Of coarse, it is at any banks discretion to do so, but I mean come on....CAP1, never heard of them doing it....how about you guys? IM really not against it because I can prove all of what I claimed, Income, current employment, assets, etc etc. Heck I even claimed less income than what I actually make when Cap1 asked for it last week. It just really threw me for a loop, coming way out of left field.lol. So I want to ask you guys something. Would YOU submit all this info to Cap1 for a CLI? Like I said, I am not against it, its just a headache and ALOT of paper work that's gonna have to be retrieved and faxed and so on and so forth. I am just trying to decide if it is worth it or not? You guys help me out here? Throw me all your opinions and what you would do in this situation!


They can take their sub-prime plastic and put it where the sun don't shine if they ever asked me for any of that!! :smileyvery-happy:

 


She said that it may be only 1 of these things or all 3, she couldn't be certain yet. I am going to be receiving a letter in the mail within 7 days detailing the information they are seeking. If its only 1 of the 3 things, I may do it but IM certain IM gonna say screw it if they are asking for a 3, esp for a silly CLI. That's really sensitive info and cap1 is diving deep into my financials. It is most certainly ODD. Definitely Do Not know why they are doing this to me.



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Regular Contributor
sewmuchdebt
Posts: 162
Registered: ‎05-14-2009
0

Re: A CAP1 First!!!

oh c'mon guys, somebody has to be a pioneer for all us subprime guys!!

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}