Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

0_o^^^^^^ WOW since 1998!?!?! That insane and cool! Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

0_o^^^^^^ WOW since 1998!?!?! That insane and cool! Smiley Happy

I'm going to lose the credit hostory of my AE card.  Smiley Sad I hope it's not going to hurt AAOA and the score.

Ron.

Message 12 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I heard it does hurt since it reports as a new acct. But hey! You can now use it ANYWHERE #VISASmiley Happy Look at the bright side its way more better than the plain store card. Enjoy!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 13 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

I heard it does hurt since it reports as a new acct. But hey! You can now use it ANYWHERE #VISASmiley Happy Look at the bright side its way more better than the plain store card. Enjoy!

Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy I use it just like my Old Navy Visa. I use it mostly at AE stores.

Ron.

Message 14 of 24
gpfirestone
New Contributor

this thread frustrates me.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 15 of 24
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Why is that?^^^^^^
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 16 of 24
gpfirestone
New Contributor

because this is not an offer anyone should be taking...this is a marketing ploy for AE to get a kickback for enrolling you into a visa card.  this is not good for the consumer this is good for AE.  there are better cards out there this person could qualify for i am sure.  they aren't "upgrading".  they are saying ok you can allow us to turn your store credit into a useless credit card that we get a kickback on.  too many people see these kinds of things and think they earned something or they are being given something great when its absolute crap.

go get a real credit card OP that gives you real rewards.  if you are being target for this offer you likely have decent enough credit to get a freedom card or a capital one cash back card or even a discover IT card.  this AE card is honestly a POS.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 17 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

@gpfirestone wrote:

because this is not an offer anyone should be taking...this is a marketing ploy for AE to get a kickback for enrolling you into a visa card.  this is not good for the consumer this is good for AE.  there are better cards out there this person could qualify for i am sure.  they aren't "upgrading".  they are saying ok you can allow us to turn your store credit into a useless credit card that we get a kickback on.  too many people see these kinds of things and think they earned something or they are being given something great when its absolute crap.

go get a real credit card OP that gives you real rewards.  if you are being target for this offer you likely have decent enough credit to get a freedom card or a capital one cash back card or even a discover IT card.  this AE card is honestly a POS.

Thanks for your comments. I took the card because I want something different and it has no AF. I already have other cash back cards.  I'm not going to use it more than usual.  I treat that card as store card instead of Visa just like my Old Navy Visa and PayPal MC. I also got upgraded a couple of years ago.

Ron. 

Message 18 of 24
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Like gpfirestone mentioned there are way better rewards cards out there but you have to give the OP props because by him getting the upgrade it shows that his credit is improving and moving upward. Sure the rewards might suck but who cares cause this card has the potential to grow (backed by GE correct me if im wrong). Plus it's not costing him a hp for upgrading so why not do it. Ge cards tend to grow quickly hence why i want to apply for one. Nonetheless congrats op! Keep doing an excellent job in your credit journey!
Oh btw hows the paypal mc working for you? Is it growing like the rest of your ge cards? Im itching to apply for this one since im an ebay junkie lol.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 19 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for your comments.  PayPal MC is a good card to have if you buy a lot of stuff from ebay or online merchants accepting Paypal.  The card doesn't give you any cash back.  I never use it any other places outside of ebay.

Ron.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.