Reply
Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Posts: 3,694
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

0_o^^^^^^ WOW since 1998!?!?! That insane and cool! :smileyhappy:

Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,462
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

0_o^^^^^^ WOW since 1998!?!?! That insane and cool! :smileyhappy:


I'm going to lose the credit hostory of my AE card.  :smileysad: I hope it's not going to hurt AAOA and the score.

 

 

 

 

Ron.

Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Posts: 3,694
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

I heard it does hurt since it reports as a new acct. But hey! You can now use it ANYWHERE #VISA:smileyhappy: Look at the bright side its way more better than the plain store card. Enjoy!

Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,462
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

I heard it does hurt since it reports as a new acct. But hey! You can now use it ANYWHERE #VISA:smileyhappy: Look at the bright side its way more better than the plain store card. Enjoy!


Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy: I use it just like my Old Navy Visa. I use it mostly at AE stores.

 

 

Ron.

New Contributor
gpfirestone
Posts: 104
Registered: ‎02-20-2013
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

this thread frustrates me.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12
Posts: 591
Registered: ‎05-05-2012
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

Why is that?^^^^^^
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
New Contributor
gpfirestone
Posts: 104
Registered: ‎02-20-2013
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

because this is not an offer anyone should be taking...this is a marketing ploy for AE to get a kickback for enrolling you into a visa card.  this is not good for the consumer this is good for AE.  there are better cards out there this person could qualify for i am sure.  they aren't "upgrading".  they are saying ok you can allow us to turn your store credit into a useless credit card that we get a kickback on.  too many people see these kinds of things and think they earned something or they are being given something great when its absolute crap.

 

go get a real credit card OP that gives you real rewards.  if you are being target for this offer you likely have decent enough credit to get a freedom card or a capital one cash back card or even a discover IT card.  this AE card is honestly a POS.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,462
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!


gpfirestone wrote:

because this is not an offer anyone should be taking...this is a marketing ploy for AE to get a kickback for enrolling you into a visa card.  this is not good for the consumer this is good for AE.  there are better cards out there this person could qualify for i am sure.  they aren't "upgrading".  they are saying ok you can allow us to turn your store credit into a useless credit card that we get a kickback on.  too many people see these kinds of things and think they earned something or they are being given something great when its absolute crap.

 

go get a real credit card OP that gives you real rewards.  if you are being target for this offer you likely have decent enough credit to get a freedom card or a capital one cash back card or even a discover IT card.  this AE card is honestly a POS.


Thanks for your comments. I took the card because I want something different and it has no AF. I already have other cash back cards.  I'm not going to use it more than usual.  I treat that card as store card instead of Visa just like my Old Navy Visa and PayPal MC. I also got upgraded a couple of years ago.

 

 

Ron. 

Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12
Posts: 591
Registered: ‎05-05-2012
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

Like gpfirestone mentioned there are way better rewards cards out there but you have to give the OP props because by him getting the upgrade it shows that his credit is improving and moving upward. Sure the rewards might suck but who cares cause this card has the potential to grow (backed by GE correct me if im wrong). Plus it's not costing him a hp for upgrading so why not do it. Ge cards tend to grow quickly hence why i want to apply for one. Nonetheless congrats op! Keep doing an excellent job in your credit journey!
Oh btw hows the paypal mc working for you? Is it growing like the rest of your ge cards? Im itching to apply for this one since im an ebay junkie lol.
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,462
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: A.E. Visa Upgrade Offer!!!!

Thanks for your comments.  PayPal MC is a good card to have if you buy a lot of stuff from ebay or online merchants accepting Paypal.  The card doesn't give you any cash back.  I never use it any other places outside of ebay.

 

 

Ron.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}