Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Great Day with PSECU!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Great Day with PSECU!

Congrats!!

What is a PLOC? I know it stands for personal line of credit but what is it used for?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!

What is a PLOC? I know it stands for personal line of credit but what is it used for?

Honestly I don't know why I would use it in this case.  If I take money from it, the interest rate is 3% higher than using my card.  I guess possibly for things that I can't use a CC for, but even then, I get checks with my CC from them.  The reason I got it though is that PSECU has a nice combo plan where you get a CC and a line of credit that shares a limit ($1000 in my case).  However, it reports to the bureau as a $1000 limit card AND a $1000 limit line of credit.  This means that even if you max it out, it only reports as 50% utilization.  It's a pretty sweet setup.  In addition, you get 2 positive tradelines and 2 things to bring your AAoA up (eventually) instead of just one.  They also told me it is no harder to get than just the card.

Message 12 of 19
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

After reading about some horrible, horrible downright loansharking loans around there, it really makes me happy to read about someone getting a good deal and not only significantly lowering both their payment and the number of payments. Congratulations, jimbo!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

After reading about some horrible, horrible downright loansharking loans around there, it really makes me happy to read about someone getting a good deal and not only significantly lowering both their payment and the number of payments. Congratulations, jimbo!

I am even happier today after checking out some figures with loan calculators.  Under my old loan, I was going to pay about $8500 in interest over the life of the loan (wow, that is crazy!).  Under the new loan, I will pay under $1000.  Feels nice to save over $7500!

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So on the last day of my app spree, I went with PSECU.  They approved me for a $1000 limit combo CC/PLOC!  I'm pretty psyched.

Also, they approved me for my first auto loan at 2.49% interest.  This will be considered a private sale (car is currently financed by my wife only and will be financed by me only).  However, it will take our 16.5% interest rate all the way down to 2.49%.  Our payment drops from $325/month to $250/month all while getting paid off a year sooner.  Between this and Chase Freedom and Best Buy CC, I have had a hell of a great two days.  Now to be disciplined and get myself into the garden.

Congrats! Smiley Happy When you applied for the combo did it give you a chance to ask how much you want?

Message 15 of 19
FrugalRican
Blogger

Oh jimbo, I missed this thread apparently due to the excitement of the Zync thread.

I'm so happy for you.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 16 of 19
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

I am even happier today after checking out some figures with loan calculators.  Under my old loan, I was going to pay about $8500 in interest over the life of the loan (wow, that is crazy!).  Under the new loan, I will pay under $1000.  Feels nice to save over $7500!

That's awesome!

Message 17 of 19
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats on getting that car paid off earlier and the lowered payment! I know that will be a nice feeling.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So on the last day of my app spree, I went with PSECU.  They approved me for a $1000 limit combo CC/PLOC!  I'm pretty psyched.

Also, they approved me for my first auto loan at 2.49% interest.  This will be considered a private sale (car is currently financed by my wife only and will be financed by me only).  However, it will take our 16.5% interest rate all the way down to 2.49%.  Our payment drops from $325/month to $250/month all while getting paid off a year sooner.  Between this and Chase Freedom and Best Buy CC, I have had a hell of a great two days.  Now to be disciplined and get myself into the garden.

Congrats! Smiley Happy When you applied for the combo did it give you a chance to ask how much you want?

They did.  I decided to reach for the stars and get the moon.  I asked for $5000, but was still thrilled to get $1000.  They said the lower amount was mostly because of recent inquiries and short time on the job (started a new job in January).  I'm not worried though.  It seems PSECU is generous with CLIs so I will ask for one after maybe 6 months or so.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.