Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A HUGE Thank You and I'm done!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A HUGE Thank You and I'm done!

I want to thank everyone on these forums for the help, guidance and courage to get as far as I've gotten, especially Pizza. When I first stumbled onto here I was almost 90% utilization on all my cards. I knew something had to give. I got structure from everyone and with my hard work I was able to clear about $6000 of credit card debt in 81 days! With my brain and body jaded I took a hiatus from paying down bills and splurged a little (well a lot). We got blessed with the opportunity to move and that took away a lot of hard work since we needed nearly all new items for the new place since older items weren't reusable. So now the debt is back but it's only temporary and I understand how easily it is to get paid down.
But nevertheless my credit score soared and I'm about 20-30 points away from the 700 club across the board. And I was able to get my very first cards with $5k limits - PedFed and NavyFed. I also got some good CLI with Cap1, BestBuy and PayPal (PP transitioned my online credit to a REAL card). Over all my available credit "sky rocketed" by $20K in 4 months.
I am DONE with apping. I don't have a need for any other card. I am happy, elated really. My credit will be fabulous within the next 2 years as I got accepted into NURSING SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! Praise The Lord as I've been hard on this goal for 5 years.
When I'm done I'm sure I should be solid in the 700s if not further. Thanks everyone!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A HUGE Thank You and I'm done!

Congratulations! Atleast now you have the tools going forward. 

Someone once told me it's not how many times you fall off the horse, it's getting back up that's important! It was in regard to quitting tobacco, but it applies here too! 

Its a a great feeling to see your goals coming to fruition. Keep on keeping on! 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really happy for you

Message 3 of 11
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting your story, I believe sharing experiences can help many others who are currently in your past situation.

Also, congrats on getting into Nursing School. 

Debt is not always so easy to pay down so be careful in the future. I have been through the debt / debt free cycle many times during my life. Once I finally started using a budget everything fell into place. It requires you to truly think about where your money is going versus using a credit card and paying it back 'later'.

Are you planning on using student loans for Nursing School?

Good luck

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you and all your hard work!

Message 5 of 11
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Thanks for posting your story, I believe sharing experiences can help many others who are currently in your past situation.

Also, congrats on getting into Nursing School. 

Debt is not always so easy to pay down so be careful in the future. I have been through the debt / debt free cycle many times during my life. Once I finally started using a budget everything fell into place. It requires you to truly think about where your money is going versus using a credit card and paying it back 'later'.

Are you planning on using student loans for Nursing School?

Good luck

Personally I believe that a lot of people have a problem with the idea of budgeting. I am not an historian or economist but I think in past 20 years (maybe 35 years), people have become accustomed to buy things now when the idea should be to save up some money. I am all about credit cards but when you have the money saved you buy things you want and pay it off without paying a penny in interest. 

The only 2 things you should pay interest on is car (a lot of people qualify for low interest but better if you have the money for the car in the first place) & home. I have been through the debt cycle and then I understood that I never want to be in that cycle ever again. I don't want to worry about finances if something happens (of course there is only so much money I have and if the issue is bigger than the money I have well then s*it luck to me) and would like to make sure I don't end up paying any cc company.

If I decide to buy a home, it surely won't be furshied from the getgo. I wouldn't want to be in more debt if I have to already pay down the mortgage for next 30 years. Just my 2 cents.

Message 6 of 11
resilient
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to thank everyone on these forums for the help, guidance and courage to get as far as I've gotten, especially Pizza. When I first stumbled onto here I was almost 90% utilization on all my cards. I knew something had to give. I got structure from everyone and with my hard work I was able to clear about $6000 of credit card debt in 81 days! With my brain and body jaded I took a hiatus from paying down bills and splurged a little (well a lot). We got blessed with the opportunity to move and that took away a lot of hard work since we needed nearly all new items for the new place since older items weren't reusable. So now the debt is back but it's only temporary and I understand how easily it is to get paid down.
But nevertheless my credit score soared and I'm about 20-30 points away from the 700 club across the board. And I was able to get my very first cards with $5k limits - PedFed and NavyFed. I also got some good CLI with Cap1, BestBuy and PayPal (PP transitioned my online credit to a REAL card). Over all my available credit "sky rocketed" by $20K in 4 months.
I am DONE with apping. I don't have a need for any other card. I am happy, elated really. My credit will be fabulous within the next 2 years as I got accepted into NURSING SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! Praise The Lord as I've been hard on this goal for 5 years.
When I'm done I'm sure I should be solid in the 700s if not further. Thanks everyone!!

Praise the Lord! Way to go!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success! This community has been a Godsend for many, me included. Best in your nursing career. Please touch base down the road! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a wonderful story!😀 Thanks for sharing! Big congratulations on all fronts!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing.. Good job!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.