Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A NEW AMEX PRG OFFER IS OUT THERE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A NEW AMEX PRG OFFER IS OUT THERE!

Thanks Irish. Sometimes I make good points.

Message 11 of 15
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty good offer for the card. It seems that Amex has started tiering rewards like this. From their point of view I can nderstand why doing this is a good thing. I wonder how many people get the card and then pc it to a card with less of an AF.

Very good point and it would surprise me too see Amex do it more and other cc companies to follow suit

Irish, i made the same point first and no credit for me?? Hahahaa J/K. But yeah i guess Amex is trying to find ways to make sure they get the AF from you so that you don't  use the card for the sign up bonus and then close it right before the AF kicks in. I wish they would have something similar, every year you keep the card open and pay the AF.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty good offer for the card. It seems that Amex has started tiering rewards like this. From their point of view I can nderstand why doing this is a good thing. I wonder how many people get the card and then pc it to a card with less of an AF.

Very good point and it would surprise me too see Amex do it more and other cc companies to follow suit

Irish, i made the same point first and no credit for me?? Hahahaa J/K. But yeah i guess Amex is trying to find ways to make sure they get the AF from you so that you don't  use the card for the sign up bonus and then close it right before the AF kicks in. I wish they would have something similar, every year you keep the card open and pay the AF.

Yes you did and I give you credit belatedly :-).  That's exactly why they are doing this especially after they have seen what happened with the Platinum 100K offers.  It will be interesting to see how they do going forward.  Maybe if we are lucky they will give you opportunities to earn decent amounts of MRs if you keep the accounts open and pay, as you say the AF, without having to go thru retentions.

Message 13 of 15
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes you did and I give you credit belatedly :-).  That's exactly why they are doing this especially after they have seen what happened with the Platinum 100K offers.  It will be interesting to see how they do going forward.  Maybe if we are lucky they will give you opportunities to earn decent amounts of MRs if you keep the accounts open and pay, as you say the AF, without having to go thru retentions.

Such as XX amount MRpoints every year you renew your membership. And some more if you spend X amount. Basically just like a sign up bonus, possibly less but still an intensive. These days, giving people a reason to apply for a card is not enough, i think they should do more to get people to keep the accounts open and active.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I've seen the tiered promotion from AMEX before.  It's an interesting offer style.  Chase's British Airways card had a similar thing (I think 3 tiers).  It was nice to see, but I don't think it was too popular.  I'm honestly surprised this type of promotion isn't done more often though.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.