cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville

Super Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville

I guess you got a different one because yours isn't a TY card.   I have the AA Plat as well, so I will see if I get the one you got as well!

Senior Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville


SunriseEarth wrote:

I think Citi was IIB for me, so looks like I'll never ever ever get one of these "personal messages" from them.  Oh well.  I'll just cry about it to some other CCC. 


lol Robot LOL

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville


Eightiron wrote:
All you citi people should suggest them extending an offer to me. "Too many inquires" due to a new job moving my to a different state, means apt HP, cable/Internet HP and new bank HP. This is different from too many credit card inq. Sheesh! Citi doesn't like my money.

We'll put in a good word for ya Smiley Wink

Established Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville

I didn't get any personal messages and I'm a new customer.

 

I tried redeeming some TY points the other day, but their "systems were down." 


Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Super Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville


Simply827 wrote:

I didn't get any personal messages and I'm a new customer.

 

I tried redeeming some TY points the other day, but their "systems were down." 


The ThankYou site can be very flaky.  This caused a lot of stress when Citi was aggressively closing people's 5x TYP accounts, as you would try to login, get an error message (which is what happens when your account is locked for review) assume you had been hit, and then two hours later everything is fine.

 

Citi needs better programmers!  Or maybe better production support.

Established Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville

I was able to redeem TY points today for my student loan. Smiley Happy

 

I forget who on the thread mentioned this option, but if not for them, I never would have given this card a thought. 


Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Valued Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville


Simply827 wrote:

I was able to redeem TY points today for my student loan. Smiley Happy

 

I forget who on the thread mentioned this option, but if not for them, I never would have given this card a thought. 


That is awesome.  I didn't know you could do that.
How much did you redeem for?

 



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville


MsLadyRover wrote:

Simply827 wrote:

I was able to redeem TY points today for my student loan. Smiley Happy

 

I forget who on the thread mentioned this option, but if not for them, I never would have given this card a thought. 


That is awesome.  I didn't know you could do that.
How much did you redeem for?

 


Yes you can redeem TY points for either a Student Loan or Mortgage check.

 

I got $350 which was my sign-on bonus for the card.


Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Valued Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville


Simply827 wrote:

MsLadyRover wrote:

Simply827 wrote:

I was able to redeem TY points today for my student loan. Smiley Happy

 

I forget who on the thread mentioned this option, but if not for them, I never would have given this card a thought. 


That is awesome.  I didn't know you could do that.
How much did you redeem for?

 


Yes you can redeem TY points for either a Student Loan or Mortgage check.

 

I got $350 which was my sign-on bonus for the card.


Sweet!
Memo to self...add Citi Thank You card to list of future cards to obtain in January 2014. LOL!



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor

Re: A Personal Message from Citi Cards CEO Jud Linville

I think it is a minimum of $25, for either mortgage check or student loan check.   As previously mentioned, the check is made out to a bank that you name and sent to you, and you *could* just deposit in your account.   This is the best way of getting cash equivalent from Citi, as statement credits or  other checks have a lousy redemption rate.

 

Or you could send it to your mortgage/loan company to be good.