Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A REALLY BIG STEP FOR CAP ONE!!!

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: A REALLY BIG STEP FOR CAP ONE!!!

Congratulations! That's awesome!

You mentioned that you have their MC... I wonder if it makes a diff in getting CLIs if you have a Visa or MC. I also have a Cap One MC w/$300 limit in the step pgm. I think it will go up to $500 like yours did, after 5 or 6 months. Maybe this one has more potential to grow.

I"m also glad to hear you're not running lots of money through and paying several times a month. That just seems like a lot of work, and I'm afraid I'd miscalculate or forget a pmt. I'm just going to continue to use $200 to $300 a month and pay it each month.

Did you pay after the statement cut each month by the due date, or did you pay before the statement date?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 12
cequia
Established Member

Re: A REALLY BIG STEP FOR CAP ONE!!!

My due date is the 25th and the statement cuts on the 28th. Since the dates don't change, I just make sure I pay by the 25th, usually a few days earlier (payday). I only charge what I can comfortably repay, and as DH is also rebuilding, we charge about the same on his Orchard.

From what I understand there is really only one step and all the other CLIs will be auto. The step increase showed on my 7th statement and as I wasn't expecting anything $1500 out of what feels like the blue is very nice. I'm quite content with this limit on my first credit card EVER after just 10 months.

And on a completely unrelated note: I also got a raise today!!!! Thanks universe!!!!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 497
Current Score: 649 EQ; 679 TU
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.