cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit of recent secured CC success + a BOA secured question

tag
MustImprove

A bit of recent secured CC success + a BOA secured question

So recently I awoke to an email from Cap1 had given me a $300 increase. Granted it's not a huge amount by any means but coming unasked and unexpectedly it was a welcome suprise. I opened the secured card about 6 months ago at the same time as a BOA secured and Orchard MC. Now onto my question which is actually regarding my BOA secured cards. I've read on the board in the past people hav ehad their card graduated prior to the 1 year anniversary around the 9-10 month mark. Is this still occurring for some. Also, if I were to deposit more funds to increase my limit which currently id just $500 will it affect my CL upon graduation. I hesitate because though my scores have improved since opening from 577-620, but I have had a delinquent added since opening that I'm trying to take care of though I had one old one removed since also. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: A bit of recent secured CC success + a BOA secured question

My BofA card is due to unsecure at the year mark, if they unsecure it.  I called the credit dept a few weeks ago and they told me you have to wait for the year mark.

Or maybe just I do..ha ha ha

I have paid on time, never late, never over CL, but never PIF

CL is 500

So, I think you will have to wait for the year mark.  They also told me you have to call in and reuest for it to be unsecured, they don't automatically do this anymore, however, a few years ago another BofA secured card did auto graduate for me

Message 2 of 3
MustImprove

Re: A bit of recent secured CC success + a BOA secured question

That's about what I figured that they would make me wait out the year but one can hold out a little hope for a early graduation any way. Can anyone comment on whether getting a CLI put through is difficult or not with the BOA secured? I really wouldn't want to waste a HP! Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.