cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A collection that does not belong to me and how it will affect ability to obtain a card

tag
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

A collection that does not belong to me and how it will affect ability to obtain a card

A week ago Thurday I had great looking credit--it the 700's and no ugliness.  I applied for a credit card and I could see the inquiry that next day.  One week later, a collection that does not belong to me appeared on my credit report.  I contacted the creditor and collection agency and it is going to be removed/deleted; however, I am wondering--will the credit card company see this?  URGH!!! I have not applied for anything for so long. 

Suggestions please 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: A collection that does not belong to me and how it will affect ability to obtain a card

No...the credit card company already pulled your credit report. They won't see something that landed there after that.
Message 2 of 3
egold1234
Contributor

Re: A collection that does not belong to me and how it will affect ability to obtain a card

Even if they did see it and declined because of that not a big deal. Can always call a backdoor # and let them know exactly what happened and I am sure they'd be happy to re-evaluate your application.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.