Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of Amex questions

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

A couple of Amex questions

Hi All - yet another thread for Amex - sorry.

I have a BCE, which is just turning 1 yr old, $8000  CL with $1000 Balance - will be paid off within the next 3 weeks.

I'm not huge into rewards - but I like the various 0% intro offers, I got a 61 day CLI on my BCE and have not asked for anything else since (so I am due for a CLI request if I wanted one)

I would like to get the Everyday card - along with a new 0% offer (my BCE 0% is about to expire) - should I ask to PC to the everyday card? - would I even get the 0% if I did PC? Or should I make a new application for the Everyday and then see about combining CL's? - Should I ask about a CLI on my BCE before I ask for a new card?

I also have a PRG, which to be honest, is not getting the use that I thought it would when I apped - I checked on the site and it said that a $10,000 purchase would be approved - I have a zero balance on that one - would you keep it upen? My BCE was my first Amex card

I appreciate your suggestions as always Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: A couple of Amex questions

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

I have a BCE, which is just turning 1 yr old, $8000  CL with $1000 Balance - will be paid off within the next 3 weeks.

I'm not huge into rewards - but I like the various 0% intro offers, I got a 61 day CLI on my BCE and have not asked for anything else since (so I am due for a CLI request if I wanted one)

I would like to get the Everyday card - along with a new 0% offer (my BCE 0% is about to expire) - should I ask to PC to the everyday card? - would I even get the 0% if I did PC? Or should I make a new application for the Everyday and then see about combining CL's? - Should I ask about a CLI on my BCE before I ask for a new card?

I also have a PRG, which to be honest, is not getting the use that I thought it would when I apped - I checked on the site and it said that a $10,000 purchase would be approved - I have a zero balance on that one - would you keep it upen? My BCE was my first Amex card

First of all they don't allow PC to everyday MR cards. I don't know if those 0% interest offers are guaranteed or not. If you did apply for Everyday you probably could just close out PRG if its not getting used since you won't lose your MR rewards. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 6
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

You won't get any of the Signup bonuses if you PC your card assuming they even let you. currently I believe i read somewhere Amex isn't allowing PC's to the everyday card. 

I asked to PC my BCE and only offer i had was for the Sky card which is pretty useless for me.

Personally I apped for the 3X CLI on my BCE then later in the day apped for and approved for the Everyday card which a higher CL then my BCE 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 6
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I would go for your cli and then app for the Everyday! If you're not using the PRG then it doesn't make sense to keep paying the AF. You aren't benefiting from the perks so why keep paying for them? I'd close it, it'll stay on your report for 10 years to help out your AAoA
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 4 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@hizzaah wrote:
I would go for yourcli and then app for the Everyday! If you're not using thePRG then it doesn't make sense to keep paying the AF. You aren't benefiting from the perks so why keep paying for them? I'd close it, it'll stay on your report for 10 years to help out yourAAoA

just make sure if you are going to app for ED do that before you close PRG, you don't want to lose any unnecessary MR points. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 6
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

thanks all - i appreciate it

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.