Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple questions

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

A couple questions

I know it doesn't report but how do lenders see BML. It seems everyone gets approved. I have it myself it was my first trade line. The first time I used it I PIF right away. Then recently in the last two years I've near maxed it completely and it has a zero balance currently . Would it be a smart idea to close it just to avoid the temptation?

Second question was I'm debating whether to close my NYC card. I got it for my gf but she recently got her own with the same limit as mine currently is. It is also due up for the year anniversary in may. Should I wait for the year to close or do it now?
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Re: A couple questions

BML doesn't report, so other creditors just see the HP and not the tradeline. No reason to close it other then if you can't control yourself with the spending hehe.

Does the NYC have an AF? If not, then just keep it open so it can grow in limit and age.

Message 2 of 3
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: A couple questions

No it doesn't but at the same it's not going to be used... I don't want it to be closed by them and I'm trying to get rid of lower limit cards :/

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.