cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A credit card with 2.5% cash back on every single purchase – not specific categories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A credit card with 2.5% cash back on every single purchase – not specific categories

Hi all,

I have the USAA "Limitless Cash back Rewards Visa Signature Card" and I think is an absolutely wonderful card and an absolutely wonderful rate. I get 2.5% cash back on everything, whether it be a stick of gum or a very expensive item and everything in between.

When doing the math (and I encourage you to figure out what you spend in each category and do the math for your situation), a high rate on everything usually means more money back for most people who use their card for everything when compared to other cards that offer a higher rate but only in specific categories (such as 5% for groceries or 5% for gas).

My question is, is there a card out there that offers more cash back on every single purchase?

Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: A credit card with 2.5% cash back on every single purchase – not specific categories

I don’t think so.

The swipe fees would make it too expensive for the merchant.

Also no meat left on the bone for the bank

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 91
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: A credit card with 2.5% cash back on every single purchase – not specific categories

Enjoy your limitless, most of us wont ever get to feel its powerSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 91
OmarR
Established Contributor

Other than rotating categories....no.

My daily card is also the USAA Limitless Cashback, except for gasoline, which is the USAA Amex Rewards Plus 5%.

I don't do well with rotating categories and I don't travel, so it works for me.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 4 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Youd have to go into store card territory for something higher.

I mean yeah Amazon has 5, Walmart has 3, Target has 5, but only if you shop there.  If you have the visa/mastercard versions of their cards, its only I think 1 percent anywhere else.

So 2.5 anywhere?  Pretty hard to top that.

Message 5 of 91
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If you have $100,000 or more in Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, and/or Merrill Edge accounts and qualify for Platinum Honors Preferred Rewards, the Bank of America Premium Rewards card earns 3.5% on travel, 3.5% on dining, and 2.625% on all other purchases.

Message 6 of 91
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

If you have $100,000 or more in Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, and/or Merrill Edge accounts and qualify for Platinum Honors Preferred Rewards, the Bank of America Premium Rewards card earns 3.5% on travel, 3.5% on dining, and 2.625% on all other purchases.

Beat me to it.

Message 7 of 91
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Beat me to it.

I love that woodyman100 was the only reply after an hour and a half, then fifteen minutes later there are five more replies all at once.  LOL

Message 8 of 91
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Beat me to it.

I love that woodyman100 was the only reply after an hour and a half, then fifteen minutes later there are five more replies all at once.  LOL

lol well I was typing my response out and go back to refresh the page only to see all these posts I didn't see before. Thought it glitched for a second or I was in another topic.

Message 9 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I have the USAA "Limitless Cash back Rewards Visa Signature Card" and I think is an absolutely wonderful card and an absolutely wonderful rate. I get 2.5% cash back on everything, whether it be a stick of gum or a very expensive item and everything in between.

When doing the math (and I encourage you to figure out what you spend in each category and do the math for your situation), a high rate on everything usually means more money back for most people who use their card for everything when compared to other cards that offer a higher rate but only in specific categories (such as 5% for groceries or 5% for gas).

My question is, is there a card out there that offers more cash back on every single purchase?

The Alliant Credit Union (Illinois) offers the Visa Signature with 3% cash back for the first year then 2.5% in subsequent years. The caveat? On year two there is a $59 annual fee. 

Those of us that were lucky enough to have been able to open a Limitless Cash Rewards card only have to worry about a monthly $1,000 direct deposit to enjoy 2.5% cash back. I literally got in two weeks before they limited the Limitless Cash Rewards card to Louisiana. This helps me feel better about the toy limit they gave me Smiley Frustrated 

Offering more than 2.5% cash back on every purchase would be very expensive for most lenders. I only hope that USAA doesn't pull the carpet from underneath us by cancelling the program and giving us the 1.5% card as a replacement. 

I think even Limitless Cash Rewards card holders can benefit from stacking cash back; as someone above me said they have the USAA Cash Rewards Plus Amex which gives 5% cash back on gas (up to $3K in gas a year). Also, Chase Freedom and Discover offer pretty lucrative (at least for me) rotating 5% categories such as gas, groceries and Amazon. 

Message 10 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.