Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A day late and 25 dollars short

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A day late and 25 dollars short

Apparently I just forgot to make a payment on a card I never use with Chase that was due yesterday, just called in and paid it and the csr waived the late fee without even asking. She couldn't shed any light on whether it counts as a late with the credit bureau's though, anyone have any idea or experince with this? The payment was an DUE the 23rd(paid the 24th) but does it like count from usage date...? Am I worrying about nothing?
5 REPLIES 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: A day late and 25 dollars short

Nothing to worry about.  30 days past the due date would be when it was reported as a late payment.  Late but not super later late may impact your ability to get a credit line increase on this card you never use in the short term, but it's not going to affect your credit scores.

Message 2 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Agreed.. what K said.
I'd consider putting accounts like this on autopay for atleast the minimum payment. That way at least the concern of it being late wouldn't be an issue.
Message 3 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It's possible that your tiny balance could have become subject to a tiny amount of interest. You'll want to make sure you check your next statement just in case "trailing interest" has been charged.

Message 4 of 6
yfan
Valued Contributor

If you never use the card, how was it that there was a balance on it?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks K, G and Heaven(the kind csr actually waived the incremental interest, they really were very helpful)

@Y, sorry what I should have said was two months ago I used the card for the first time in a year and a half rather than I never use it. I'll edit the post when I get to a desktop
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.