Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions that needs to be answered ASAP

tag
Techno
Contributor

A few questions that needs to be answered ASAP

Hi guys it's been a while, iv'e had a post here not so long ago where i was switching jobs and had some debt ongoing. increased one of my tl and it helped my util.

now i'm doing much better. at worst i was at a 5k debt, now around 900 dollars, ever since i got my overall credit from 12000 to about 25000. my wells fargo increase from 700-5700 was crazy.

so today i was bored and yeah, well, i went for the increase on my chase freedom which is only 1000, and i have it less than 4months, but hey 1000 is way too low and i thought there would be a good chance that chase will cut me some slack, after alot of questions, as to why i need it and if i'm aware of my 10 inquiries, why i have 10, the saleperson that i am i answered them all policitly correct and got approved (having fraud alert on my name didn't make it easier).

and I heared the rumor which might be true, that if u apply in the same day the lenders won't see this days inquiries therefore increase chances and maximize the amount of approvals i can get and then "garden" for a while that's how alot of you do it, long story short i called discover they approved me for 2500 and 150 bonus which is sweet. 

ok so after my first card (express store card a year and 5 months ago) I am sitting on all the prime cards that i would want, the little greedy bastard i am, should i go for the ace?

I have the freedom,amazon,bcp,target,discover it,express,wells fargo and macys amex. at 3k each on avarage as a limit.

now using your motheod, as i'm gonna take a hit for my aa, but since my credit is new anyhow so it's not as a big of a deal, which one more card am i missing which u think is a must have, i would want the sapphire at some point and i know i will get it, just don't have 3k to spend in the next 3 months. so no cards that require extreme spending.

i thought about the quiksilver for 500 for 100 dollars cash back and it's pretty good to use on random purchases that does not qualify for any rewards.

any thoughts?

one more thing, can i possible call chase and ask for the pull that they did for me today to try and increase the amazon card? i asked when i got approved for 3k if there is possibility for more she said too many inquiries and age of accounts, but she didn't say anything about the amazon one, i have a feeling though that it doesn't matter as the lender is the same and he is not willing to give me any more credit.

thanks and sorry for this being so long

Daniel.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A few questions that needs to be answered ASAP

The rumor about app all in one day and they may not see the inquiries is a fallacy, in todays enviornment of computer approvals they show on the report within nanoseconds, it is impossible to actually do what that rumor says.

Message 2 of 6
Techno
Contributor

Okay. What you are saying makes sense.

Though why does it take 30 days for creditors to report balance and such?

Not argueing just wondering.

anyhow, let's say the lender will see my 12 inquiries now, and damage has been done, and i want one more card, and then "Garden", which would you recommend?

Message 3 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

The rumor about app all in one day and they may not see the inquiries is a fallacy, in todays enviornment of computer approvals they show on the report within nanoseconds, it is impossible to actually do what that rumor says.

+1...Another rumor is that you can apply on more than one computer at the same time and the inquiry may be "lost" or hidden one behind another...lol. Where do these things come from? The best of luck to the OP.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

+1 well stated ......... You can not beat the system

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 6
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

+1 well stated ......... You can not beat the system

+100

Trying to outrun the computers is a pointless exercise, but you might try a mini app-spree by applying for cards which pull from different CRAs, for example:

Chase (Experian)
Barclay (TransUnion)
Citi (Equifax)

Note that these applications would make sense for someone living in the midwest, and that the banks may pull from different CRAs, depending on your geographical region, and that a creditor might also pull from more than one - and in some cases, from all three (Capital One, for instance).

You can get a general idea of which creditors pull from which CRA in your region, by doing a quick search on CreditBoards:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?app=creditpulls

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.