Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions...

tag
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

A few questions...

First: my dad still has me as an AU on an account. It is from 2003 and is my oldest account. Current AAoA is around 5.3 yrs.

However, the balance is like $700/$1000 which is hurting my Util. I know util is weighed more heavily but my AAoA will nosedive too.

Thoughts on removing me? I know it's a ymmv deal but anyone else have this issue?

Also, I want to app for a CSP. I have 2 freedoms because the second one was some other type of account that Chase switched to Freedom a few years back without me asking them to. I like having both for the 5% categories but could use a csp for travel.

I want to combine the 2 freedom CL's and app for a CSP. I also am thinking about opening a chase checking. However, I don't want numerous inquiries. Will they run it all off of one?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: A few questions...

@Kozmo wrote:
First: my dad still has me as an AU on an account. It is from 2003 and is my oldest account. Current AAoA is around 5.3 yrs.

However, the balance is like $700/$1000 which is hurting my Util. I know util is weighed more heavily but my AAoA will nosedive too.

Thoughts on removing me? I know it's a ymmv deal but anyone else have this issue?

Also, I want to app for a CSP. I have 2 freedoms because the second one was some other type of account that Chase switched to Freedom a few years back without me asking them to. I like having both for the 5% categories but could use a csp for travel.

I want to combine the 2 freedom CL's and app for a CSP. I also am thinking about opening a chase checking. However, I don't want numerous inquiries. Will they run it all off of one?

Thanks!

If you go through their EO it is possible they can do all of that off of 1 HP.

As for the AU question, is he planning on PIF anytime soon??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Need more info - total available CL, current util rate, scores, baddies, inqs?

If you get approved for the CSP, combining CLs from other chase cards is very easy to do. Not sure about a HP for the checking but I do know that chase is very HP happy. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 3 of 7
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Well I'm not worried about being approved for it my credit is fine. I was just wondering about them using the same HP to do both that's all.

For example lets say I walk into a Chase branch and they HP me to open an account. Can I app for CSP with the same HP? I guess only if I app'd in the branch right?

Message 4 of 7
vn25
Valued Member

I never heard of a HP being done to open a checking account...

The only HP you should have is the one from applying for the CSP.
Message 5 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

And if your credit is good enough to stand on its own without the AU account, I would go ahead and remove it. It sounds to me like it is, even if your history is short.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 7
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Ya I guess it's worth a shot. I can't imagine my score dropping that much if it were to.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.