Frequent Contributor
Kozmo

A few questions...

First: my dad still has me as an AU on an account. It is from 2003 and is my oldest account. Current AAoA is around 5.3 yrs.

However, the balance is like $700/$1000 which is hurting my Util. I know util is weighed more heavily but my AAoA will nosedive too.

Thoughts on removing me? I know it's a ymmv deal but anyone else have this issue?

Also, I want to app for a CSP. I have 2 freedoms because the second one was some other type of account that Chase switched to Freedom a few years back without me asking them to. I like having both for the 5% categories but could use a csp for travel.

I want to combine the 2 freedom CL's and app for a CSP. I also am thinking about opening a chase checking. However, I don't want numerous inquiries. Will they run it all off of one?

Thanks!
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: A few questions...

Kozmo wrote:
First: my dad still has me as an AU on an account. It is from 2003 and is my oldest account. Current AAoA is around 5.3 yrs.

However, the balance is like $700/$1000 which is hurting my Util. I know util is weighed more heavily but my AAoA will nosedive too.

Thoughts on removing me? I know it's a ymmv deal but anyone else have this issue?

Also, I want to app for a CSP. I have 2 freedoms because the second one was some other type of account that Chase switched to Freedom a few years back without me asking them to. I like having both for the 5% categories but could use a csp for travel.

I want to combine the 2 freedom CL's and app for a CSP. I also am thinking about opening a chase checking. However, I don't want numerous inquiries. Will they run it all off of one?

Thanks!

If you go through their EO it is possible they can do all of that off of 1 HP.

As for the AU question, is he planning on PIF anytime soon??

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
parakleet

Need more info - total available CL, current util rate, scores, baddies, inqs?

If you get approved for the CSP, combining CLs from other chase cards is very easy to do. Not sure about a HP for the checking but I do know that chase is very HP happy. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Frequent Contributor
Kozmo

Well I'm not worried about being approved for it my credit is fine. I was just wondering about them using the same HP to do both that's all.

For example lets say I walk into a Chase branch and they HP me to open an account. Can I app for CSP with the same HP? I guess only if I app'd in the branch right?

Valued Member
vn25

I never heard of a HP being done to open a checking account...

The only HP you should have is the one from applying for the CSP.
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader

And if your credit is good enough to stand on its own without the AU account, I would go ahead and remove it. It sounds to me like it is, even if your history is short.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Frequent Contributor
Kozmo

Ya I guess it's worth a shot. I can't imagine my score dropping that much if it were to.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}