Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good big bad problem.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A good big bad problem.

Congrats on your card scores! Great challenge, how to get the points. You have done well.
Message 11 of 25
IWOL
Established Contributor

What about using chargesmart to pay some bills like rent or car. You can pay pretty much any bill with them. The fees are like 2 ro 3% so not worth using to earn the rewards but might be worth it for the big sign up bonuses.

Message 12 of 25
toppers555
Established Contributor

Age is not an issue considering at 21 I was making 50k a year. Its all about spending habits. Doesn't seem like you have means to do MS, so if your in college would try tuition payment route. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 13 of 25
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Don't feel bad it's just a couple hundred bucks. It's nothing major and is not the end of the world
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 14 of 25
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

Do any of your friends have a Square account? You can swipe for any amount and have them give you the cash back after it hits their account in a day or two. It'll cost 2.75%, but it might be worth it for the rewards.

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 15 of 25
enharu
Super Contributor

@xsvspd wrote:

Do any of your friends have a Square account? You can swipe for any amount and have them give you the cash back after it hits their account in a day or two. It'll cost 2.75%, but it might be worth it for the rewards.

why not ask friends who operate their own businesses? that would be even better.

their merchant fees is most likely going to be less than that.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 25
newUser0
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@xsvspd wrote:

why not ask friends who operate their own businesses? that would be even better.

But this amount has to be included in friends tax returns right? Easy way for you is MS

Message 17 of 25
enharu
Super Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@xsvspd wrote:

But this amount has to be included in friends tax returns right? Easy way for you is MS

yes, it has to.

same thing for square really. your friend is still supposed to report that as income.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 25
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@AwwwYeee wrote:

@DawgZ wrote:

Your in college, whenever you are out with your friends offer to pay the bill and them give you cash. Find friends who are about to go buy something expensive with cash and ask them if you can put it on your cards. Just pay the cards with the money you got from the friends.

+1

Whenever I'm out with friends i pick up the bill so I can get the cash back hahah. But they don't mind. Have you ever heard of venmo? its similar to paypal. I just tell my friends to venmo on the spot and it'll be available in my bank account the next day and i just use that to pay off my bill.

Never heard on Venmo...here I go to Google again...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 19 of 25
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@NikoD wrote:

I let my mother put groceries, car repair, drug store etc. on mine because I can trust her to pay me back right away. It doesn't do anything for her but since she's my mom she's happy to help me out.Smiley Happy

I did this with my sister...lesson learned...Smiley Sad!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.