Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good next step in CCs

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: A good next step in CCs

Chase freedom or amazon may be another good option. You should share your scores to get the best advise. I'm just sayin....
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 16
CC40
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Chase freedom or amazon may be another good option. You should share your scores to get the best advise. I'm just sayin....

I don't mind sharing - I am just anticipating a SW alert any moment.  Right now my EQ = 667   TU = 680  Credit Sesame (EX) = 691.  I have just paid a my CC down from 67% uti to 9% uti on Thursday.  I am waiting for it to update. 

I am proud of that because on 5-7 my EQ score was 638.  I have worked very hard this summer.  Following advice from these boards.  So, I truly trust info here.  That is why I asked!  Thanks for all the input.

Message 12 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

No problem. Your scores are good enough to consider an American express charge card. A lot of people like to get in the door with amex early because future cards will be reported as being opened in the same year as your first amex card. That way you can pick up one of their revolvers such as the blue cash everyday later on and it will show that you opened it in 2012...

Chase pulled tu and ex for my amazon card. Try to stay away from anyone who pulls Eq.
FICO 9:

Message 13 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If you apply for chase after the mortgage; be prepared to recon... they initially denied me because of too many inquiries but I was able to call in during recon and explain that all the.inquiries were from mortgage applications. It made a difference. Amex in my experience did not care about inquiries. When I applied for chase and amex I did it the same day with only 1 major cc open at the time (discover open since '99)
FICO 9:

Message 14 of 16
CC40
Regular Contributor

That is what I will do then.  My only CC currently is a BoA Preferred - $2100.00 CL.  Will my score take a hit for each inquiry for a CC?  Or is it like the mortgage - and it only counts once?

Message 15 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Your scores will take a hit for the inquiries... the all mortgage inquiries counting as one bit isn't really how it will work. In my case they all counted as one for about 45 days; but after that 45 days they counted indulividially. As a result I have 19 inqs on TU. 18 on EQ and 15 on EX.

Your score will take a hit for each inq. Thats why you should app chase first and recon if denied. Then try amex cause they didn't really mind the fact that I had an obscene # of inqs. As with anything ymmv but that was my experience.
FICO 9:

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.